PDA

View Full Version : ISO longer toddler shirts!

cmo
12-16-2004, 01:20 PM
DD is long in the torso, and also has the typical toddler belly that looks kinda like a beer gut :-). As a result, her belly often peeks out between the bottom of her shirt and the top of her pants. I'm wondering if any particular brands run longer than others. We have one shirt from Hanna (size 90) that is longer than most, but I'm not sure if that's true for all Hanna shirts. I've tried going up to a 3T, but it's only marginally better and the sleeves are just too darn long!

Has anyone out there found any longer shirts? Thanks!

Chris

tinwhistle
01-05-2005, 03:32 AM
My 20 mo. old son is very tall, and I'm a big fan of Hanna Andersson. Their shirts do seem long. Also, they make onesies that go up to size 90, and one of them (I think it's called "Grow with me" or something like that) has a double row of snaps at the bottom, making it fit even larger if needed. I've used onesies to keep my guy's tummy covered for active play in the cold weather.

Would love to hear any other recommendations, since we're now growing out of these onesies!

theharpers
04-03-2005, 12:56 AM
My 19 month old is long-waisted too, so I got some onesie extenders from One Step Ahead. It's essentially a false bottom that snaps onto the regular snaps. It's extended the use of the onesie shirts for another 6 months, which saves $. I also got this thing called StayTuct which like suspenders for the shirt and goes under the baby's bottom, holding the shirt in the pants. DS doesn't seem to be irritated by it since it goes over the diaper. DS looks much neater now in his dress clothes. I definitely prefer tops that snap below for neatness and less access to his diaper.

We do tend to dress him one size ahead in tops (ie 24 m at 18 months) but one size behind in pants and shorts since he's a slim kid. He's only now wearing 18m pants, but the legs are rolled up and the waist is too big.

StayTuct: http://www.onestepahead.com/product/27235/13/117.html
False Bottom: http://www.onestepahead.com/product/27235/17/117.html

--Melanie
mom to DS Bobby, 8-23-03

mamarazzo
04-10-2005, 12:06 AM
I agree about the One Step Ahead "False Bottoms" - they're great! My son is also long in the torso and these have extended the length and life of onesies/bodysuits for many months. There's another similar (and cheaper) product available at babycenter.com but from the user reviews it sounds like it doesn't fit as many clothing brands as the OSA ones, which have fit every brand I've tried them on.

For regular shirts, though, I don't have any solutions, other than just letting that cute belly show. :-)

MR