PDA

View Full Version : Usefulness of Rainboots

raynjen
01-12-2005, 09:24 PM
How useful are rainboots/slickers? Okinawa is very rainy during the spring, but we don't find ourselves going out IN the rain just going THROUGH it =). I am wondering how useful raincoats and boots are in this situation.

When I was growing up we had boots that pulled on over our regular shoes so when we got to school we could take off the rainboots. Most of the boots that I have seen (and they are sooo cute!) pull on in lieu of regular shoes. Also, when kids are in and out of the car in a slicker doesn't the seat of car get soaked (and thus their pants)?

I have some GymBucks and I absolutely adore the Veggie coat and matching boots... but I'm not sure I can justify them.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to a wonderful preschooler,
who just turned three, Noelle!

luvbeinmama
01-13-2005, 01:56 AM
Well, last week I put both kids in their rainboots to go to school instead of regular shoes and I am SOOOOO glad I did! I put 2 pair of socks on DD as she really only has those thin Old Navy socks. I put a pair of DS's tube socks on over her thin ones. ANYWAY. It was raining, there were big puddles everywhere, and, of course, they went straight for them!!. Also, last year, when rain would puddle in my side yard outside the sliding door, I would put DS in his rain boots and raincoat and let him tromp and splash until he tired of if and then I'd undress him just inside the door, get him dry, pour the water out of his boots and get him dressed. He LOVED it! AND they dry out fairly quickly (unlike the tennis shoes he got sopping wet yesterday, when I forgot the playground would still be a swamp!). So, I guess what I'm saying is... go ahead and get them, then make a use for them! Let her tromp in puddles! She'll have a blast!

raynjen
01-14-2005, 12:22 AM
You are sooo right! Sometimes I get so focused on the conventional aspect of something that I forget to look beyond! If nothing else I should get some good scrapbooking pictures out of them...

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to a wonderful preschooler,
who just turned three, Noelle!

somedaybaby03
04-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Hello,
Any ideas where to find wide sized rain boots? Stride Rite didn't seem to have small sizes. My DD is 15 months old and is a size 4wide.
Thanks.

Thatchermom
04-06-2005, 05:53 PM
This is DS and friends at the pumpkin patch field trip his preschool took in October. Need I say more?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24051.jpg

luvbeinmama
04-06-2005, 11:43 PM
My kids have wide feet, too. I've never seen rainboots in wide width, but they seem to get along fine with the normal rainboots which are made to wear a bit big on the kids' feet.