PDA

View Full Version : Buying Shoes for Next Year

mcmorfit
01-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Is this a receipe for disaster?

Currently DD wears a 5.5 (she is two) and I am OBSESSED with her pair of red boots from this year and was hoping ot buy soem for next year too.

Should I do a 7 or 8?

luvbeinmama
01-29-2005, 01:05 AM
Personally, I would not buy seasonal shoes ahead. You never know how fast their little feet will grow (my 2 yo is already in a size 8.5 - 9!) Last year I bought her size 6 & 7 in the same sandal because I figured she'd need the 7 by the end of the year and I was right. But beyond doing something like that, it's a bit risky unless you can return them after such a long wait or they are not very seasonal. JMHO. HTH.

trumansmom
01-29-2005, 05:17 AM
I wouldn't do it. I have yet to purchase a pair of shoes in advance that have been seasonally appropriate when they fit DS.

Or, you could just plan on buying both pair and ebaying one.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

shandrin
01-29-2005, 11:35 AM
If they were bought at a place that had a lengthy return policy *maybe* but personally i wouldn't...my one dd went 11mths! :o in the same shoe size..you just never know how fast or slow they will grow nor how much whether it'll be half a size or a full size.

Melonious
02-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Consider these points:

- How much $ are we talking about? If it's a sum of money you won't have minded losing, then go for it. If she's that size next year, you've won the bet. If not, well... you could always Ebay them, consign them, or re-gift them. Weigh the cost/benefit tradeoff. Or, since it's the end of the season, if you see them on ridiculous clearance sale, get 'em.

- She's obsessed with them now, but will she feel so passionate next year? She may be on to something else, or consider the red boots "for babies".

Good luck!

sarsah
03-01-2005, 03:53 PM
I learned the hard way about buying shoes ahead, unless they are sneakers that they will wear regardless of the time of year. I ended up with too many pairs of shoes that didn't fit when they were supposed to. So, I no longer buy shoes ahead unless they are a super deal -- like the $4 Stride Rite sandals I found on the clearance rack last year.

Sarah........mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)

Wife_and_mommy
03-13-2005, 09:37 AM
I was just considering this after I found adorable Stride Rite shoes for $8.75 at Dillard's. I decided against it because I didn't want to risk spending the money, albeit a great deal, and her not fitting them. Would have negated the "great deal", KWIM? I can promise you though that next year I'll be thinking about those great deals and figuring out if they would have fit:)