PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I can't keep her dressed!

Southerngirl75
02-08-2005, 04:39 PM
I am so frustrated I don't know what to do. My DD will be 2 on Saturday and we are having major issues with keeping her clothes on at nap time. Actually the issue is she won't keep her diaper on. Everyday before she falls asleep she takes her diaper off. I have tired everything. I have put onsies on her but she can unbutton them, I've tried overalls too but she can unbutton those also. I've tried pull ups and they don't work either, she can take them off. I have even tried layering her clothes and she sill takes it all off. I have to change her sheets 3 and 4 times a day b/c she is wetting her bed b/c she is taking her diaper off before she falls asleep. Today I even tried to put her diaper back on her after she fell asleep but she just woke back up and took it off again. I am all out of ideas as to what to do. I have tired everything. Does anyone know if there is any type of clothing that I can put on her during naps that she can't take off? I think something that is a one piece that doesn’t button at the bottom would work but I can't find anything. Does any one have any suggestions or ideas? I have tired everything and I just hate the though of her sleeping in her pee. That is so gross. I just don't know how to keep her diaper on.

ak_becky_book
02-08-2005, 07:53 PM
An Alaskan solution that I have heard of is duct tape (around the diaper where the tapes are). Or put her in panties with the leakproof rubber pants over them.

She may not like diapers much anymore. My daughter does pretty good in panties now, and when she is in a pullup if it gets wet she is taking it off, getting a new pullup to put on.

Good luck,
Rebecca in Alaska
Samantha Dec 1, 2002

luvbeinmama
02-09-2005, 12:11 AM
I have a diaper-removing DD too. When I am at wits end and cannot get her to leave the stupid thing on, I use masking tape. I just wrap it around twice and leave the end in the back. She hasn't figured out how to get out of that one. And it's pretty easy for you to get back off or tear through it. HTH!

brubeck
02-09-2005, 10:17 AM
My DD used to do this too. I started by putting the onesies on backwards (it's harder for them to reach around and grab the snaps) and then putting the diaper on backwards (ditto). Eventually of course she figured these out.

The one thing that worked perfectly was putting on a blanket sleeper BACKWARDS. You have to make sure there is a snap over the top of the zipper so that they don't just pull the zipper down by yanking at the back. The only time I heard of this not working was with twins who would undo each other in the back. SO if you have a solo child hopefully this will work for you!

HTH!

mfloChicago
03-02-2005, 11:42 PM
Try putting the diaper on backwards. If that doesn't work, try some discipline--at 2 she knows what she is doing and a consequence will likely break the habit. If she has a pacifer or favorite toy, take it away for awhile when she removes her diaper.