PDA

View Full Version : narrow shoes

sunriseiz
05-30-2005, 10:41 AM
Hi all!

DD is 19 months and DH took her to get her foot measured at StrideRite because we just couldn't tell what size she needed at this point. They said she was bigger than a 6 (which apparently means 7 since 6.5 is hard to find) but said nothing about the width. After looking at her feet and shoes ALOT it seems to me that most of her shoes are too wide. Anyway, I would love to try some narrow shoes on her to see if they are any better. StrideRite didn't have much and I haven't found any others around. Does anybody have suggestions? I would like have her in medium (i.e., cheaper/easier to find!) shoes, but I also want them to fit correctly, KWIM?

Thanks for the help!
Sunny

mapg
05-31-2005, 12:21 PM
How do Keds do on her feet? My daughter (almost three) has narrow feet, and Keds work fairly well for her. Stay away from the velcro styles in tennis shoes. The sandals are pretty narrow as well. Nina's should be fairly narrow. (try Dillard's) Stay away from character style shoes (Pooh, Dora, etc...) There is a Striderite sandal that has adjustable straps at the toe and ankle area. Emily has a pair of them in hot pink of all colors. The nice calm white fisherman sandals were too wide. Good luck.
Marianne

sunriseiz
05-31-2005, 12:34 PM
I haven't tried Keds, so that's a good idea. She had a pair of prospirit (?) velcro tennis shoes from Target and those worked pretty well because I could really tighten them. She has outgrown them and so we were looking at some 'summery' options and it just seemed that everything she tried on, if the length seemed good, I could stick a finger or two around her ankle or by her arch. LOL about the hot pink shoes! We have had this 'problem' too!!! Makes it interesting to get dressed for church!

Thanks again for the suggesions!
Sunny :)

momceecers
06-08-2005, 11:41 PM
If you have a Nordstrom near you they do a nice job of measuring feet. If not go to a really good childrens shoe store and have her measured well. Make sure to ask if her feet are actually narrow. After that, as far as narrow tennies goes look for New Balance on sale, They seem to fit narrow feet really well. As far as other brands go I think it is sometimes hit or miss. You may want to ask when you have her remeasured.

Cindy