PDA

View Full Version : suspenders or other solutions

cccat
07-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Hi All,

My 27mo dd has "lost" some weight. She was 27.5 lbs at 18 mo but 23 lbs now. (Her ped thinks it's okay, so far.) Clothes that were too tight at waist before are now too loose, so we have a problem with shorts and pants slipping down. I'd like to not buying smaller size for this summer. Can someone tell me where to buy suspenders for a toddler girl or give me a better idea to solve this problem? TIA

schums
07-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Have you tried pinning (sp?) the waist? We've not had this problem, but friends have have very tall skinny kids and they've had to do this. Fold the waist band over in back until the waist is the right size and put a safety pin through the fold. I think they put the pin on the inside, but I'm not sure. It gives the pants a pleat (sort of) in the back, but it's not too noticable.

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

cccat
07-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that.

Cecilia

August Mom
07-08-2005, 09:36 PM
We do buy smaller sizes in shorts. For pants, we often have to tuck them. The "easy" way to do it is to take the excess, divide that amount in half and fold the extra on both sides at the side seam and stitch down. We've also added darts.