PDA

View Full Version : Clothes for Wedding for DS - 28 months

jbrandy
08-06-2005, 09:04 AM
Help -- DS will be a ring bearer in my cousin's wedding on Sept. 24. I can't seem to find anything that would be appropriate for him to wear. Anyone know of any websites or stores to try? He's wearing 24 month clothes. We've been to JCPenny's, Kohl's, etc... and still haven't found anything. My cousin just asked for him to be "dressed nice". Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Beth
DS 4-4-03

sobers3
08-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Try Best Dressed Child, Storybook Heirlooms, and Wooden Soldier also, if you search on ebay for "ring bearer" there is a lot to chose from. HTH Mary

momx3
08-22-2005, 10:50 AM
My 18mo daughter was in a wedding this past month. I bought her dress from Strasburg. They also have adorable boys suits for ring bearers. The ring bearer in the wedding with my daughter wore the cotton eton suit from Strasburg. Their website is strasburgchildren.com. HTH!

MelissaTC
08-22-2005, 08:24 PM
I second Strausburg.

JacksMommy
09-13-2005, 03:19 PM
ETA: Oops, didn't realize this was so old (with this site got more traffic!) - you've probably already made your decision. I'd love to see what you wound up getting!

If you are looking for something more casual than a suit that he can maybe wear again, I've been eyeing this season's Argyle sweater. Hanna Andersson has particularly cute ones - you could just pair them with some basics khakis and a dress shirt from the Gap or Lands End.
Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

jbrandy
09-22-2005, 04:10 PM
I want to thank everyone for their help with this. DS is hard to fit because his legs are short but he's tall from the waist up and I was afraid to buy online. But...I was at JCPenny's just a couple weeks ago and they had VanHuesen Toddler pants, white shirts with ties, and a vests. So I got them very inexpensively -- less than $35 when it was all said and done. We also have a really nice used kids store near us and got a pair of black shoes for $5 (they don't even look like they were worn).

Everyone's suggestions were so helpful. I don't know how I would get through parenting without the baby Bargains boards!

Thanks again to everyone!

Beth B
DS 4-4-03