PDA

View Full Version : Wide shoes for toddlers and youth?

SewSarahSew
09-28-2005, 10:00 AM
We all have wide feet in our family. Daniel's first pair of shoes were size 4.5 extra wide Stride Rites and he's never been able to wear anything but stride rites. How boring! He also has huge feet, as a 4 year old, he's wearing a size 12 wide, maybe even a 13. Are there any brands of shoes that have wide widths in this size, besides SR?

And then Amelia... the Preschoolians size 24 (US 8) in the mary jane style are working really well for her. See Kai Run look really cute - they run wide, right? Any other suggestions?

jadamom
09-28-2005, 02:18 PM
If you do an advanced search on the nordstrom.com website, you can select your shoe size and width and see what they have available. It looks like they carry Stride Rite, Jumping Jacks, and New Balance in wide sizes. I have also been able to find Nikes at Kohl's in a wide size. If you search on shoebuy.com, they also have Birkenstocks, Rockport, and Timberland. Hope this helps.

mama2two
10-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Yes, the See Kai Run shoes are GREAT for wide feet, even up to extra wide. The leather is very soft too, so they look very comfy. My son has "sausage" feet and they seem to fit him very well. Very cute styles too. (especially for the girls!) www.dandelionbaby.com currently has a 15% off code for these shoes which is: "tmd".
Have you found any other brands out there that work for wide feet?

pamela mom of 3
10-03-2005, 01:12 PM
I also agree with the suggestion newbalance, they come in W & XW

http://www.newbalance.com

~Pamela mom to the trio of trouble
2 girls, 9.5 & 6.5yrs and one boy 4.5yrs

mnosky1
10-03-2005, 09:36 PM
I just bought a pair of the See Kai Run -very cute! I'm so excited and a decent price - thanks!
Someone on the bargains board had posted a code for darlingshoes.com and they come in wides and are inexpensive.
Elefanten is good for wide feet - which is a little cheaper on ebay.
I found the wide width keds to still be too narrow.
Does New Balance just have tennis shoes?

Michelle

schums
10-06-2005, 09:06 AM
My DS has VERY wide feet too -- the SR x-wides are too narrow for him. He's 3 1/2 and wearing a 12, so I feel your pain. We usually get either Silver Max or Willits sneakers. They tend to run very wide -- their wide is wider than SR x-wide. They are typical sneakers, but do come in light up styles, etc. For dress shoes (which we wear almost never - weddings, Christmas, Easter, baptisms), I go to Payless. They carry a VERY limited selection of wide widths, and believe it or not, they are wide enough for DS feet.

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

sarsah
10-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Both my boys have wide feet (one wears a 9 and the other a 13), so I understand what a struggle it is to find wide shoes, especially for a reasonable price.

New Balance makes wide sneakers in kids sizes. I buy mine at Kohl's and can usually find them on sale for around $25 -- I have a Kohl's charge card and they sent out coupons many times during the year, so I try to combine those with the sales to get a lower price.

Sarah....mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)

SewSarahSew
10-24-2005, 07:54 PM
>My DS has VERY wide feet too -- the SR x-wides are too narrow
>for him. He's 3 1/2 and wearing a 12, so I feel your pain.
>We usually get either Silver Max or Willits sneakers. They
>tend to run very wide -- their wide is wider than SR x-wide.

Thank you so much for this info!! We ordered some Willits off of shoebuy.com. Fabulous deal all around - $32 or something like that, free shipping, and Daniel got pick which ones (firetruck, construction worker or backhoe). We got them today and they fit wonderfully! I was so surprised they were wide enough and he is thrilled they light up.

And I never would have known about this brand except for this forum - LOVE IT! Thanks!!

schums
11-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Just saw this today (I'm a little behind on my Toddler Boards) and I'm so glad you like them. Literally, Willits is one of the only brands DS can wear. I didn't realize that shoebuy.com had them, tho. I might have to check them out, because $32 is pretty cheap compared to the shoe store we go to!!

Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)