PDA

View Full Version : Shoes for DS with high instep

classyt
04-10-2006, 01:14 PM
I went to Nordstrom and had DS sized recently and was told he is a size 5 1/2 and not really a wide but because he has a high instep i should get a wide and possibly a 6. I have a pair of SR Sprout sneakers that he loves (size 6) but i also have some jumping jack brown "boots" that he trips in all the time (also size 6) and the velcro won't go across his foot and keeps coming open.

any suggestions on good shoes for this instep problem? laces better than velcro (a pain, but maybe better for adjustment)? should i have him sized somewhere else and if so, where? help!

Amanda, Mommy to Luke, 08-05-04

mmaimp
04-17-2006, 12:58 PM
My older DS has a slightly high instep. I only use certain velcro shoes for him like Merrill's. I have a high instep and have to be careful about my shoes. Shoes that put too much pressure on the top of his foot will be very painful. I think laces will work better for your DS.

I have these shoes for both of my DS right now and they are very flexible and wash up great. They are not made of leather though.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/mmaimp/311502_031_A.jpg

HTH,

stefani
05-20-2006, 11:23 PM
My DS has high instep as well, and See Kai Run has been my favorite on him (www.seekairun.com). It is wide and high instep. Laces is more flexible in adjusting the fit of the shoes, but I found it to be too much for me to handle as my son is very active, he wouldn't sit still for me to put on his shoes!

HTH!