PDA

View Full Version : "Toddler" Diaper Genie Refills???

mkkrum
01-13-2002, 12:28 PM
Found something new in the Diaper Genie department at Target today: "Toddler" Refills. ???????????? They say they are for 9m and claim they better handle diaper smells once your kid is eating solid food. They are a whopping $5.99 by comparison to the "regular" and "wide-opening" refills (on sale this week, 2/$8). I was too cheap to go the extra $2 to try them. Anyone tried these?

(I'm posting on the Baby Bargains board, too, in case someone over there has tried them.)

katlander
02-14-2002, 04:34 PM
I saw them at Toys r us and decided to try them out. They do seem to contain the smell better than the regular refills, but I don't know that they are worth an extra dollar each. Our city collects residential garbage twice a week so as long as we remember to empty the diaper genie we don't usually have a problem. I don't know that I will purchase them again, especially since we are expecting our second child within 4 weeks and they will be sharing the genie.

The toddler refills do reduce the smell in the nursery. If you don't empty the genie very often I would highly recommend them. Otherwise, they make difference, but so does taking out the garbage regularly.

laura_winckler
04-06-2002, 09:43 PM
This thread is old, so maybe you are done with this topic. We tried out the toddler refills and will continue to use them. They do a great job of containing the odor, which is important to me now because I'm pregnant with our second and have that "super nose". It was a lifesaver during the first trimester when I was sick.

Karen Pearson
09-18-2002, 09:36 AM
I love the toddler refills. I don't smell diapers when I walk in the nursery.

emmiem
09-21-2002, 08:04 PM
I used them and have noticed that because they are so much thicker that they have torn up the ring inside the Diaper Genie. I noticed this on both my genies when changing the refill. I might go back to the thinner ones.

Jodi L
02-02-2003, 11:22 PM
Yes, I have tried the "Toddler" refills. The only difference I noticed was the price.