PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Diapers for Toddlers?

wendy03060
03-22-2002, 10:31 AM
Our son is 18 months and weighs 32 lbs. Have always bought generic diapers and have been delighted. However, he is now in the largest size and is quickly growing out of them and totally soaking them in record time. His weight is not so much the issue, but the lengths of his body is. Have always heard that name brands tend to run a bit larger, but have also been told by a friend that she feels the new Pampers have been made smaller just recently. (Specifically the size 5) Wondering which other brands others have had success with on larger babies recently. With the prices being so much higher, I don't want to find out the hard way! Thanks, in advance, for any info others can share.

Melissa
03-22-2002, 02:56 PM
Our son is also 18 months and 32 lbs. We find the Pampers Premium work the best. We use the size 5, but I am pretty sure they even make a size 6. They are more money, but they have never leaked and the strechy fabric on the side provides a great fit. We have also tried the new cloth covered Luvs and those seem to be cut a bit more generous, but I really am hooked on Pampers right now. I wait until they go on sale and then stock up. Currently at Toys R US the mega packs are $14.99.

m2tandk
03-27-2002, 03:03 PM
Do you specifcally need diapers or can you use pull up types?? I use Good Nights and they ork great. They can be torn away at the sides when changing. I don't know the weight on the samllest size though. Pampers used to make a size 6 and so did Huggies and I used them for as long as possible. I think they still do. Try emailing them to see.

Good luck to you!

Kelly

wendy03060
03-29-2002, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the heads-up on Huggies, Melissa. We have found them to be just right for now. Not sure how long they will last, though. We have our fingers crossed! (Won't even begin to mention just how strange it is to hear of someone who has a little guy with exactly the same stats as ours! Are your back and arms as tired as mine?!)

I appreciate all the help, Melissa and Kelly. I feel much better knowing your experiences. We have just finished toilet training with our three-year-old daughter and now our son has started acting like he may be ready soon, so we may be off the hook sooner than we thought!

Thanks again, Gals!
Wendy and all