PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with the Once Upon A Potty series?

Melanie
05-12-2003, 03:09 PM
I picked up a Bjorn potty for Ds this weekend. I noticed the Once Upon A Potty people now have their own potty with book. It did look more ergonomic than the Bjorn, but didn't have a removeable insert.

I was thinking of getting this book for my son since they have a boy & girl version.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

Mommy to Jonah

Celeste
09-06-2003, 01:25 PM
I got the video for DD #1 and after that she started using the potty. I read the book with her name in the story.

On DD #3 neither the video nor the book made a dent. I also bought the potty. It's very comfortable but I don't know how to pour out the pee without getting it on the floor. Impossible. I don't recommend the potty.

Susann

mom2kandj
09-06-2003, 01:40 PM
No experience with the seat, but Katie really likes the book and video. No way was I going to pay full price for the video(it is only 8 minutes long with the intro and song at the end included - most of the video is for parents) and luckily I found a copy at our local consignment store for $2.99. We also borrowed ALL of our local library's stash of potty books. HTH!

Rose
mom 2 katie (33 months)
& Jack (16 months)

brubeck
09-06-2003, 10:44 PM
We have the book (girl version) but I don't think it impressed Amy too much. She much preferred 'The Potty Book for Girls' that has a bunch of real photos of girls sitting on/using potties. She also did very well with the Sesame Street potty books, particularly Too Big For Diapers (starring Ernie), but then she is Sesame Street obsessed.

We never did get any videos. I just couldn't find any that people generally thought were good.

As for portable potties, we have the FP Royal Potty. I never put in the batteries. I bought it because it was the cheapest one I could find that had an easily removeable bowl. It works well and the bowl slides in and out from the front of the potty.