PDA

View Full Version : Potty Training away from home

TLC1994
07-15-2003, 03:36 PM
(This is also posted on the Baby Bargains message board for those who refer to both.)

We're in the throws of potty training now - fun, fun fun - and was wondering what everyone does when using a public toilet? The couple of times my daughter has had to, I've just held her there, which gets a bit tiring since things don't always happen immediately. I know that you can get those fold up toilet seats that cover the seat, but do they work well on public toilets since many are enlongated as opposed to round like at home? One Step Ahead has one for $12.95 (the Bottoms Up Potty Seat).

One Step Ahead also has the disposable seat covers that have adhesive strips on the bottom to keep them in place. Anyone tried those? They look nice, but expensive ($5.95 for 8).

I'm open for suggestions. Thanks!

brubeck
07-15-2003, 05:16 PM
I just hold my daughter there. Sorry I don't have any more insightful comments. I do use a seat cover first though.

Also, my daughter has learned how to put her hands on either side of her to help support herself. This gives me a break from holding her 100%.