PDA

View Full Version : A big THANK YOU to whomever recommended maxi pads in plastic bags.....

brubeck
09-28-2003, 06:03 PM
I have been doing this trick now for a few days and it is TERRIFIC! I bought the super-small Baby Bjorn potty and I leave it in the car and take it with me to the playground. When Amy has to go I throw in the plastic bag with the maxi pad in there and the pad soaks up all the pee. It is fantastic and never a mess!

I know I read about this tip somewhere on this board but I don't remember who said it or in what discussion. But I have to say a big thank you because it works! Thanks!

WooChx
07-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Umm... what's the point of this? I mean if you are all ready using a plastic bag, isn't the maxi just a waste? Not that I'm all environmental or anything, but come on?

hbridge
07-26-2007, 06:25 AM
I never thought of using a maxi pad... Great idea.

A diaper that DC has grown-out of works as well.

Personally, I'd rather have a plastic bag containing a wet maxi pad or diaper than a plastic bag full of liquid, especially if there isn't a trash can close by. A plastic bag full of liquid is MUCH more likely to leak.

But that's just me.

joyful mommy
01-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Just a FWIW to anyone. We bought the Kalencom potette potty on the go. I like it because it folds nearly flat and fits easily under seat of car in it's little plastic bag. The above mentioned bags with too small diapers or maxi pads can still be used rather than the disposable inserts meant to go with them. There's a link below, but other baby/toddler retailers sell them too.

http://www.kidsurplus.com/itemDetail.asp?item=18%20KAL%2052089&=&fromsearch=true

I wish all parents were thinking about what to do at the playground. One mom in our neighborhood just lets her child go #1 and #2 just outside the gazebo/picnic area at the playground. The other mom's in her playgroup (usually with her) must not mind -- but other's of us aren't to thrilled with this. The biggest problem is that she doesn't even clean up afterwards - just leaves it there. (She doesn't clean up after her dog either though.) Even if she was desperate and didn't have anything to clean up with -- there's always the somewhat woodsy area surrounding one very long side of the play area. At least it would be out of the playing/eating area where everyone's kids run around. OK, this was a bit of a vent, sorry.

elliput
01-13-2008, 10:17 AM
EWWW! I sure would not be able to keep my mouth shut about that!

tobrocker
02-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Just a FWIW to anyone. We bought the Kalencom potette potty on the go. I like it because it folds nearly flat and fits easily under seat of car in it's little plastic bag. The above mentioned bags with too small diapers or maxi pads can still be used rather than the disposable inserts meant to go with them. There's a link below, but other baby/toddler retailers sell them too.

http://www.kidsurplus.com/itemDetail.asp?item=18%20KAL%2052089&=&fromsearch=true

I wish all parents were thinking about what to do at the playground. One mom in our neighborhood just lets her child go #1 and #2 just outside the gazebo/picnic area at the playground. The other mom's in her playgroup (usually with her) must not mind -- but other's of us aren't to thrilled with this. The biggest problem is that she doesn't even clean up afterwards - just leaves it there. (She doesn't clean up after her dog either though.) Even if she was desperate and didn't have anything to clean up with -- there's always the somewhat woodsy area surrounding one very long side of the play area. At least it would be out of the playing/eating area where everyone's kids run around. OK, this was a bit of a vent, sorry.

That is gross and really doesn't teach the child about etiquette. I'm not sure I could go without saying anything either. At least dropping a comment to one of the mom's in her playgroup.

gotchagomo
06-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Ewwwww...that is SO unsanitary and a very real public health hazard. Please contact the parks department or whoever oversees the city parks in your town--seriously, that is considered a biohazard. That parent is putting other children at risk for all kinds of illnesses.

WatchingThemGrow
06-17-2008, 10:32 PM
I read the trick on here somewhere and passed it on. I was using the diaper doublers we have left over.

Since she was using it faster than I could remember to keep supplies in the car, we've now resorted to parking next to a grassy area/landscaping and dumping the pee in the tiny bit of nature. I'm wiping her with tp, the potty with a clorox wipe, and my our hands with antibacterial. There is a small compartment I'm using to store all the trash, which dries up by the time I remember to take it out.

ThreeofUs
06-17-2008, 10:38 PM
One mom in our neighborhood just lets her child go #1 and #2 just outside the gazebo/picnic area at the playground. The other mom's in her playgroup (usually with her) must not mind -- but other's of us aren't to thrilled with this. The biggest problem is that she doesn't even clean up afterwards - just leaves it there. (She doesn't clean up after her dog either though.)

Oh, this is NOT good. This is so unsanitary that I'd call it a public hazard. There are excellent reasons we as a society contain our body wastes - we get sick and die if we don't. Kids especially are vulnerable to the contaminants of urine and feces.

If you are uncomfortable confronting the behavior, call whomever owns and operates the playground. They need to know and to (at least) post signs.

Nooknookmom
10-11-2008, 02:26 PM
I just happened upon this & thanks!!!!!!!!! We're starting pt & I was wondering what to do on trips or long outings.

I'd call the hd on that woman as well-kids tend to play everywhere & put things in their mouths - groooooooos!

vball4all
07-29-2009, 11:33 PM
I've also heard that disposable breast pads also work. (I haven't tried it myself)

Neatfreak
07-29-2009, 11:55 PM
I hope I remember this tip when DD2 is at the potty learning stage!

AngelaS
07-30-2009, 06:50 AM
I think I shared it after reading about it in a magazine. Good tips are meant to be shared. :)

Twoboos
07-30-2009, 08:46 AM
I think I shared it after reading about it in a magazine. Good tips are meant to be shared. :)

Wait, I was going to say I think I shared it - but after reading it here at least 3 years ago... :)

Either way, it works GREAT and I still have the little potty, plastic bags and maxi's floating around in the back of my car.

To the person who asked - why use a pad - it soaks up the pee to keep it from sloshing all over. Very helpful if there is no place to dump it right away.