PDA

View Full Version : Any good training pants out there?

Pink Pimpernel
11-18-2003, 09:54 PM
We're thinking about potty training & need some training pants. All I can find in stores are Pull-Us, etc., and we'd prefer non-disposables. Can anyone recommend any good ones, and where did you get them? Thanks!

CherylT
11-19-2003, 09:12 AM
Gerber makes some cloth training pants as well as vinyl covers. There are a couple of other brands that make a cloth training pant with the vinyl cover already attached. At my BRU they are located by the cloth diapers over near where the bathtubs and towels were. My experience with the PullUps (I tested some for a company) were that they were useless as a training tool, however, they are handy to have for outings where you don't want to have to deal with accidents/dripping underpants. Also, DD couldn't seem to handle the Gerber cloth + the vinyl pants - too many layers to get off :)! So, I found the most useful in those early stages were the cloth/vinyl combo and then moved to the Gerber pants alone once the accidents dropped off then on to big-girl underpants once we were down to only 1-2 accidents per week. HTH! Good luck to you...

Cheryl
SAHM to Lilli 9/20/00 & Alec 10/21/02

brubeck
11-19-2003, 10:43 AM
I also used the Gerber cotton training pants. Buy them a size big, that way they are a bit droopy and easier for the child to pull up and down. Also, my daughter has a better feeling of when she wants to go if she has a bit of air 'down there', so the slight droopiness worked much better than those snug underpants.

We did use the Easy-Ups in the beginning because they are styled like underwear. So she used them to learn how to pull up and down. We still use them overnight, although in the daytime it's only cotton underwear.