PDA

View Full Version : My baby is potty-trained!

khakismom
12-04-2003, 03:20 PM
I apologize for the double post (it's on the baby boards but really belongs here), but I am too excited! For months she would occasionally say "I have to go potty" and we would put her there (all while wearing her dipes). But a few weeks ago, she woke up from her nap after her daddy took her to the park and pooped on the potty (she had only done this 2 other times)!! I thought OK, let's put some panties on and no more dipes. She was so excited! :) We put her on the pot every 30 minutes and she didn't seem to mind. (Last time we weakly attempted to potty-train she kvetched every time we put her on the pot.) She's had a few accidents at school--mainly them letting her get off the potty too soon before she poops. But she hasn't had any more for 2 weeks now!! She still wears her nitetime dipe and one at naptime, but I think the naptime one may be goon soon, because when she wakes up most of the time the dipe is dry. And even the nitetime dipe is getting lighter and lighter... :)

I cannot get over my big girl! :) She even went potty all by herself twice this past weekend--walked into the bathroom, dropped trou, climbed on the potty, went, wiped, flushed, and washed her hands! We heard all of it in the kitchen with DH and I just staring at each other in amazement of her!! What's next? Lipstick and nail polish? LOL

brubeck
12-04-2003, 06:00 PM
Yay! What a breakthrough! I know how thrilled I was when it happened for me, and it sounds like you've had a (relatively) painless time. Congratulations! Doesn't it feel good not to have to change two sets of diapers anymore? :)

sugarsnappea
12-05-2003, 08:31 AM
Congrats- what a big girl you have! I hope we are soon to follow!