PDA

View Full Version : Potty suggestions for tall boy

mommymaria
12-04-2003, 04:37 PM
My 27 month old DS is starting to show some interest in the potty. We have the large Baby Bjorn, but that seems to be too small for him. He is tall (95th percentile) and a bit skinny, but his tushie just does not seem to fit on the seat comfortably. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Maria

lukkykatt
12-07-2003, 08:18 PM
My older DS just potty trained a few months ago at 3.5 years, and we used the large Baby Bjorn - it fit him just fine. If you think it is too small for your son, maybe take him to BRU with you to see how he fits on the different seats. Be careful of the set-up of the splash guards though - they can be deal breakers!

mommymaria
12-16-2003, 04:14 PM
Thanks, Andrea. We did take him to "try out" some different seats. We stumbled on the clearance sale at the Right Start and found the Graco. Since there are more pieces to clean, it is not as easy for ME as the Bjorn, but Nikolas seems to like and fit on it better. While he still shows just a casual interest in the potty, he has actually decided to sit and use the Graco a few times. I think he also likes that it has a lid and seems more like the big potty that Mommy uses.

Maria
Mommy to Nikolas (08/24/01)

lukkykatt
12-16-2003, 10:40 PM
Glad you found one you like. You can always use the Bjorn as your "car potty" once you get to that point!