PDA

View Full Version : We got a potty!

jojo2324
01-06-2004, 11:19 AM
A small Baby Bjorn potty. Our bathroom is our only one, and quite small, and this one is going to make things tight as it is. I don't know what we're going to do with it from here, but it's a start! :)

brubeck
01-06-2004, 11:59 AM
Joanne I think this is great! I have this potty myself. But just a warning: my friend bought this potty for her son and apparently it was too small for his 'extra bits' in front. She had to bring it back and get a different one. Have Gannon sit on it before he uses it to see if it has to be exchanged! Isn't it just like men? They have to have those weird elongated toilets and now they need special potties! :)

Also, you may be happier with one that has a removeable bowl, otherwise you are cleaning out the ENTIRE potty every time he uses it.

And it doesn't HAVE to go in the bathroom. That's the benefit of the portable potty. It could go in any room of the house.

Good luck! We'll all be here for you on the boards.

jojo2324
01-06-2004, 01:48 PM
Ooops, we did get the one with the removable bowl...I thought about getting the other one, but then I thought about the cleaning aspect...Not really my cup of tea, LOL. :)

So, what should I do? Just sit him on it naked? He'll probably fling the thing around (and, with his tendencies, when it's FULL of something unsavory). Any good books? I suppose I could do a search...

brubeck
01-06-2004, 06:38 PM
Just show the potty to him as a place to sit. If he's interested have him sit on it with clothes. Have him watch you when you use the big toilet and point out that this potty is the same thing, only in his size. It's just a warmup after all. It's there to get him used to the idea.