PDA

View Full Version : Big Bird Panties

Twinner Mom
02-17-2004, 09:40 PM
Has anyone seen Big Bird panties anywhere? One of my twins will do anything for things with Big Bird on them, so I thought panties with him on might be just the trick for getting her trained. I would even be willing to buy plain panties and iron a Big Bird decal if I could find the iron-on decal.
Thanks,
Brigitte

raynjen
02-17-2004, 09:51 PM
I did an online search a couple of months ago and asked folks to look at Walmart, Target, etc. (we live overseas so can't look ourselves) there are no Sesame Street character undies anywhere! I found this rather suprising as they are on all our diapers. My daughter is a huge Elmo fan, but would go for any Sesame Street character.

Better luck to you!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)

brubeck
02-18-2004, 12:20 PM
Agreed, there are no Sesame Street undies. It drove me nuts because there WERE Sesame Street characters on the Easy-ups I was using.

I don't know why they don't make this (I guess the same reason they don't make an Elmo's World about potties?) but here's something that helped me. With my daughter it was Elmo and she had a stuffed Elmo. Well I got her and Elmo the same kind of underwear. And when she went to the potty afterward Elmo went to the potty (with the same underwear). Perhaps that might make a connection for your daughter?

Twinner Mom
02-18-2004, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a try. I am willing to try anything right now. I really don't understand why they put the Sesame St. characters on the diaper and Easy Up and not on panties. We even have pj's and craft aprons with Big Bird on them. I am going to see if I can track down an email address and send the powers that be a suggestion of making some panties, like Disney and everyone else does.
Brigitte