PDA

View Full Version : Big Girl in the house!

mamahill
03-09-2004, 12:46 AM
All right, so it's just the first time, but after a couple months of having the toilet seat set up and sitting on it (and NOT doing a thing), tonight she DID! We were playing just before bedtime with DH and she was running around sans diaper and starting to be more fidgety. I said, "Do you want to sit on the potty?" and at first she was very adamant that she did NOT want to, but then I told her that I was going to read books and I was going to do it in the bathroom. So she came in and sat down, and within a couple seconds DH said, "Uh, she's going." I couldn't believe my ears (what he said - I could hear HER until I stopped talking!). Sure enough! At first she tried to stand up and looked worried, but we applauded and cheered and gave her a cookie and made a big production about wiping and dumping it in the toilet. Then we called my parents and ended up talking to my sister.

So I know this is going to take a lot longer than just now, but FINALLY, we've christened the potty chair.

I just find it especially interesting that while at Target today I was eyeing the little girl underwear and looking at sizes and deciding it's fine if she doesn't potty train for a while since the smallest size I could find was for a 28-lber, and I don't think she weighs nearly that much.

Ok, rambling now... I'm just so happy for her!

luvbeinmama
03-09-2004, 01:45 AM
Woo Hoo! Go Big Girl!! (And yay Mom for getting the timing right! :) ).

sweetbasil
03-09-2004, 08:24 AM
Congratulations, Miss A (and parents!)...I hope you instantly love the idea of pottying in the toilet, wearing panties, and being such a big girl that this transition is an easy one for your entire house :)

Hugs,

egoldber
03-09-2004, 11:03 AM
Wow! What a big girl!!! :)

brubeck
03-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Yay Ainsleigh! And just in time for her birthday too! I agree it's a wonderful event and it sounds like Mom & Dad made the appropriate amount of fuss.

Oh and Sarah I don't remember the pounds, but I do recall that there is underwear in size 2T-3T. Also, you would want it to be big (ie: loose) so that she won't have trouble pulling it up and down. I used to take for granted my ability to hook my thumb into an elastic waistband and pull things up and down, but Amy has taught me differently. So don't be afraid to go full steam ahead on that account! :)

khakismom
03-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Congratulations Miss A! What a big girl! It won't be too long now Mom! :)

mamahill
03-16-2004, 06:31 PM
Thank you! We got panties at Target in the baby section, not the little girl section, where I was originally. Ainsleigh loves her panties, but I just let her run around naked in the afternoon since it has been so nice here.

Big news - she pooped in it on Thursday. She was running around all ancy and I told her to sit on the potty, which she did and promptly passed gas (and then applauded herself). I began to clap, thinking she has gone #1, but when she stood up, the cup was empty. About two minutes later she came running back and sat down and a couple seconds later began clapping again. Rather than be tricked again, I peered into the back and a dark shadow was in the bottom. Woohoo!

Good times at the Hill household :).

trumansmom
03-16-2004, 06:34 PM
Did you ever think poop could be this exciting?! Congratulations!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

egoldber
03-16-2004, 08:49 PM
Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

luvbeinmama
03-17-2004, 02:03 AM
Go Ainsleigh!!