PDA

View Full Version : Potty seat recommendations

momtoemma
03-11-2004, 10:47 AM
Which potty seat is best for a little girl? I have the Toddler Bargains book, but we just moved, and it is still packed somewhere. I can't remember the brand of the one that Alan and Denise recommended. I think I'd prefer to have one that fits on to the regular toilet rather than deal with a separate child toilet seat. Any favorites out there?

Thanks,

mamahill
03-11-2004, 01:36 PM
We have the Graco rewards something or other. The "rewards" are stickers, which I can't find anymore :( . I just took Ainsleigh to BRU and had her test out the various seats (with clothes on!). I really liked the look of the Bjorn, but with the unremoveable shield, it made it really difficult (impossible) for her to stand up on her own. The Graco one has a soft seat, which totally cracks me up. The top also lifts off and can go on the toilet. I also liked it because you lift off the seat and then pull up on the cup, rather than slide it out the back (which is kind of jerky, and heaven forbid it sloshes!). HTH!

brubeck
03-11-2004, 08:52 PM
We have this one

http://www.thepottystore.com/shopping/FlipSeat.html

which worked well for us. It's a lot cheaper than some of the similar things out there. We also got the Elmo/Ernie one at BRU (a soft seat). It doesn't fit into our toilet as well (although it works) but it was a nice motivator when DD was in a low-interest potty phase.

Jeanmick
03-11-2004, 09:27 PM
We used the potty seat that Alan and Denise recommended and it worked just fine for our DD. Here's a link that I got from a Yahoo search:

http://www.kidsurplus.com/mmh11167.html
http://www.mommyshelperinc.com/cushie.htm

If the above link doesn't work, it's called the "Cushie Tushie" and "Contoured Cushie Tushie" by Mommy's Helper, Inc.. We bought the contoured model at K Mart.

HTH!

CherylT
03-12-2004, 10:07 AM
We used this Graco one too. I had DD test them out at BRU also and this was the only one that was comfortable for her to get on and off (some are REALLY tiny). I loved that the seat could be put on the regular toilet and how easy it is to clean. Plus DD loved the soft seat! HTH

Cheryl
SAHM to Lilli 9/20/00 & Alec 10/21/02

caleymama
03-12-2004, 04:18 PM
We use 2: the Baby Bjorn Little Potty (all one piece) and a cushioned seat that was about $6 at WalMart. I can't remember the brand of the WalMart one but it is a white seat with a blue frame and blue cushioned handles. Both are working great for us.

shishamo
03-12-2004, 11:25 PM
We have this one also, and I love it.

Piglet
03-15-2004, 05:11 PM
We use this one too, but grudgingly. We went out of our way to buy this one when we were in the States on vacation. When DS finally started using it, it leaked horribly - all over the toilet seat. I emailed the company asking for their assistance and got a very rude response that I wasn't teaching my son to "angle" correctly. In the end they told me that I could send my grimy seat back to them at my expense, and they would evaluate if it was defective and IF they found a problem, they would send me a new one. I couldn't pay for that kind of lousy customer service, so DH bought some caulk and caulked the bottom of the seat to the plastic rim that goes in the toilet and we haven't had a problem since. I like everything about this seat, but would not recommend the company to anyone.

Kate888
03-18-2004, 10:53 PM
We have the Baby Bjorn Little Potty. DD is petite for her age (25 months, 24 lbs, 33 1/8") and this is the only potty seat that seems to fit her well. At the beginning we bought one that has a soft seat (sorry, forgot the name), but she didn't even want to sit on it. The "opening" seems to be too big for her and she was afraid of it. The Little Potty is one-piece and very easy to clean. She loves sitting on it even when she doesn't really need to go.

HTH :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

opus
03-30-2004, 02:01 PM
I have used the Baby Bjorn Toilet Trainer. It fits on an oblong toilet or a round toilet seat. I am happy to skip having to clean out a potty and just flush.