PDA

View Full Version : Portable toilet seat recommendations?

shishamo
03-12-2004, 11:32 PM
I'm looking for the one that fits over the toilet, not the potty. Preferably not too big, something that's small. I have/had one from Graco that folded in quarters and I wasn't very happy with it (and I can't find it anywhere in my house to begin with!).
Or, should I just try to help my 23 month old get comfortable in the public toilet? Any tips for that? She goes fine at home, but she can't seem to be able to *go* anywhere else.
Alternative is to carry my spare seat (it's huge) everywhere. I really don't want to do that....

opus
04-05-2004, 03:02 AM
My DD likes her Baby Bjorn toilet trainer seat. It adjusts to fit a round toilet seat or an oblong toilet seat. I guess it is subjective to say whether it is 'huge' or not, but it fits easily in my backpack style diaper bag (now that I'm carrying less baby paraphenalia). I was not pleased with the folded-into-quarters type seat, nor was she. She is comfortable with this one and that makes for an easier time at toilets other than those in our home. I'm all about going with the easy fix and the BB is for us.

brubeck
04-05-2004, 11:12 AM
We had one of the ones that folded into quarters and it never fit anywhere just right. Now when we are out we just use the adult potty (I hold my DD to help her stay up) and in the car I keep a small plastic Baby Bjorn potty (the tiny kind with no bowl). It is lined with a plastic grocery bag and I throw a maxi-pad in there. When she uses it I just pick up the bag and there's no mess. So I always know that I have a potty she can use back in the car, although I encourage her to use public toilets as much as possible. Now the paper cover for the public toilet is a whole other story. She wants to wipe her bottom with it! LOL!