PDA

View Full Version : Need TINY panties

Kimberly H
03-22-2004, 11:42 PM
Mia is fascinated with the toilet and all things potty. She's started staying dry after shorter naps and both of the boys trained themselves before they were two so I figured what the heck? I actually bought the highly recommended Graco potty tonight but I'm at a loss for panties.

Mia's about 21 pounds and wears a size 9mo/12mo pants - the smallest panties I can find are 2T. She has a tiny waist and no hiney so I'm totally at a loss here. I meant to look for panties while we were in China and I totally forgot.

Granted, I know she's not going to be trained for a L-O-N-G time, but I'd better start looking now.

Help?

mamahill
03-23-2004, 01:25 AM
Check out the baby section of Target. They've got smaller ones over there next to their "cloth diapers" (which I put in parentheses since I don't consider them real ;) ). Then wash and dry them on hot and they should shrink well. Good luck!

ismommy
03-23-2004, 09:31 AM
Bella is tiny - she started wearing panties at about 21 pounds. I bought the 2t and they worked. Maybe a little big but okay. Also if you want to use pull-ups. Which I was doing for night and nap - until I switched to cloth. Pampers make a 1t-2t that fit Bella much better than the huggies 2t
HTH
Helene
mommy to Isabella

Kimberly H
03-23-2004, 07:50 PM
Thanks! I needed to go back to Target tonight to pick up the bag of Mia's new shoes that I left at the register so I'll check out the panties next to the "diapers" and see if I can shrink them some.

I stripped her in the highchair tonight to get ready for bath, then put her on the floor to wait for Dad to run the bath water. She got this funny look on her face and then looked down. Sure enough, a few seconds later she tinkled all over the floor. Then she grabbed her diaper and tried to clean it up - I was cracking up! Mia definitely knew she was about to pee so maybe they did some EC at the orphanage as it's very common in China.

khakismom
03-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Just wanted to second the Target panties. That's where all of Kathleen's are from (sav the 3 pairs that Nana bought at Gymbo, which are sooooo soft and fabulous, and expensive... :)) and they are wonderful.

Kimberly H
03-28-2004, 10:25 PM
Mia is now the proud owner of 6 pairs of 2T panties - 3 Care Bears and 3 Hello Kitty.

I need to return her Graco Training Rewards potty to ToysRUs because it's warped and doesn't sit straight up. I'm a little nervous that it's too flimsy because if I push on it, it bows. Does anyone else have that problem?

mamahill
03-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Hmm - it sounds like yours is defective. It should easily hold a child of up to 40 pounds on it as a step-stool. And I've used it as a stool a couple times (and I weigh a good MORE than 40 pounds!). FWIW, I have the Graco one and the First Years one and I like them both.