PDA

View Full Version : When did you start potty training?

abc
03-28-2004, 12:22 AM
Just wondering when everyone started potty training ... I have a 19 month old daughter. Did you wait till DD/DS exhibited signs of readiness and what were those signs? My daughter is never bothered by her own poop and will stay in her dirty diaper all day if I let her! She hates diaper changes and fights them! Should I start letting her sit on a potty just so she gets used to the idea? Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Binita

AngelaS
03-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Adrienne started getting really interested right after her second birthday. One day when she was 27 months she just started taking off her diaper and going to sit on the potty. She was a dream to potty train! LOL Not to mention, she'd do anything for two M&Ms....LOL

brubeck
03-28-2004, 05:40 PM
Until your daughter is older you might want to hold off if she's not showing any signs of readiness. Certainly it can't hurt to get a potty but from what you're saying she seems totally uninterested.

I started pre-training my daughter at 18 months (because she had learned how to take off all her clothes and diaper and did so frequently) but didn't start real training until she was 27 months. Despite that, I didn't make a whole lot of progress with her until SHE was ready (age 33 months) and then she was fully daytime trained less than a month after that.

megulus
04-06-2004, 06:45 PM
I just asked my mom this weekend how young she started potty training me and my brother. She told me she started at 10 months, and we were potty trained by 12 months. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

brubeck
04-06-2004, 08:51 PM
You know I hear these stories all the time and no one can ever tell me how it was done! I want to know TECHNIQUE! What does your Mom remember about this?

ruebimages
04-06-2004, 09:34 PM
My daughter is 3 1/2 months old. I started potty training her when she turned 2 months; I used the method I found on this website, http://www.timl.com/ipt/. A lot of my friends thought I was a bit foolish to try, but let me tell you it works. I think it'll work for children of any age--it'll just take more effort to watch for the cues that the child is actually having a BM or peeing.

Good luck,

megulis
04-07-2004, 01:11 AM
I have heard about this elimination training. I hear it is more of training the parents and that you need to really parent 24 hours a day. I haven't asked my mom about how the potty training took place, but I remember my cousin being potty trained, and it seemed like he was being pressured a lot, etc. My mom wasn't specific about the potty training. She said she kept on pointing out where to go to the bathroom and our body parts. Go figure.