PDA

View Full Version : Help! Help! Help!

raynjen
03-31-2004, 08:33 PM
So... DD finally 'got it' today and will tell me when it is time to go... but she is going LITERALLY every few minutes! I'm tempted to say that she is manipulating me... "Look, every time I say 'potty' mommy jumps and runs - lets see how often I can get away with this." But maybe she's just excited about the whole thing herself...

Tell me this ends soon, tell me she doesn't have teeny tiny bladder syndrom. She has interupted this post 4 TIMES already so she can go.

On a practical note, should I send her to nursery school tomorrow (Friday) or just keep her home since next week is spring break anyway. I want to be consistent and I'm afraid of scaring her teachers with potty breaks every 5 minutes. Advice please!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/3)

brubeck
03-31-2004, 09:20 PM
This is fantastic! She knows when she wants to go and she knows that she has to go to the potty to do it.

You have a few options here. First you can wait it out for a few days (perhaps being a bit stingy with her liquids) in the hopes that she'll get bored with this. Maybe if you play wil her a lot then she won't feel the need to ask for more of your attention.

Another option is to try to teach her how to use the potty all by yourself (ie: without your intervention) . You can go with her to 'watch' for a few trips and then when she's got it you can watch from afar. Depending on her skills this may entail changing her wardrobe or letting her be partially naked for awhile.

Lastly you could try to make her wait a BIT when she has to go. Maybe you want to try this outside or on a washable floor. For example: you are typing at the computer. Noelle says, "Mommy, potty!" and you respond, "Just a minute Noelle, I'll be right there!" and delay for 30 seconds. Not much, but a small delay. If she can deal with that then increase the delay to a minute. Then increase in 30 second increments. You could even tell her to get started on her own and you'll be right there.

In any case this is HUGE news. Congratulations!

mamahill
04-01-2004, 12:51 AM
No advice, but YAY Noelle!! And yaaaaaaaaaaay Jen!

raynjen
04-01-2004, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the encouragement!

I am keeping her home from nursery school today. She had 3 slip-ups yesterday and 2 of them when we were away from home. The only one she had at home was a just-couldn't-make-it-in-time accident on the way to the potty. She also pooped in the potty!

I just stopped myself in time before sending out a mass email to friends and family - limited myself to the grandparents instead...:7

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)

Kimberly H
04-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Jen, Noelle's really growing up. Keep us posted on her potty progress!

sweetbasil
04-13-2004, 03:50 PM
Woo-hoo, Jen and Noelle! The potty-all-the-time thing will slow down. Kellen has been that way with pooping. The kid goes every time he potties, b/c he knows he'll get a prize. I'm thinking, where's all this poop coming from? He's a little guy, doesn't eat that much, but seems to have it all stored somewhere. Fortunately, this is getting better, though. Once the novelty starts to wear off, it'll slow down.

How's she been doing over the last week?

raynjen
04-16-2004, 04:37 AM
We are doing REALLY WELL! (Knock on wood) We had two bad days - last Saturday and Monday (thank goodness all went well on Easter Sunday), but it's been smooth sailing since then.

We still continue to average an accident or two during the day, but today she went completely accident free at school (a huge step!) She has been going diaperless at nap-times too. We've had a couple of accidents there too, but, for the most part, she stays completly dry.

At night she is in pull-ups and, though they are wet in the mornings, she occasionally gets up (and gets me up) to potty at night. I think she could almost potty by herself at night if she could get the durn things down, but I have problems with them myself. Plus, we are so careful to wash hands during the day (a feat that she can only do with me there to help) that I am reluctant to let that go at night time.

I have included a photo of my 'big girl' at Easter with her daddy.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4568.jpg

Kimberly H
04-16-2004, 06:35 AM
Jen, congrats on Noelle's pottying! Sounds like she's well on her way to being dry all the time.

She's so adorable - I love the look of wonder at what Daddy is holding.

Melanie
04-19-2004, 06:00 PM
Wow! What a great accomplishment.

Cute photo, too!

raynjen
04-19-2004, 07:20 PM
That is actually a look of greed :)! Daddy is holding chocolate from one of her eggs. LOL

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)