PDA

View Full Version : Cloth Diapers or Pull-ups?

Musicmom
04-05-2004, 02:07 AM
My son's bottom does much better in cloth diapers and I was going to go back to them for days when my husband came home with pull-ups. My son loves the pullups. DS consistently pees in the potty every evening after bath before bedtime but that's it so far (he just turned 2).
Someone said that once we start pullups we shouldn't go back, but what if I went to printed diaper covers (he needs new larger ones anyway) with cloth diapers and used the pullups for bedtime & travelling?
I don't think he's ready for the (washable)training pants yet.
any advice appreciated. I just hate seeing his bottom sore and whenever I go back to cloth diapers the sores go away. My husband dislikes the cloth....
thanks!
Katie
DS born 3/02

AngelaS
04-05-2004, 08:09 AM
My personal opinion is that PullUps delay potty training. They're as absorbant as a disposable and I don't think the new ones allow them to feel as wet as they do in a cloth diaper.

ismommy
04-05-2004, 09:27 AM
I agree that pull-ups will not help potty training. I don't know why you couldn't go back after using pull-ups. My friends did. Pull-ups are more expensive and they realized they were delaying potty training.
If you like cloth and your son likes pull-ups you could use Happy heiny trainers. Bella is day trained but wears these for naps and night time. They are pocket trainers so you can stuff them as much or little as you want.
HTH
Helene
mommy to Isabella