PDA

View Full Version : Toilet seat insert for boy - Bjorn or Cushie?

glewis
04-15-2004, 12:29 AM
I would like to get a toilet seat insert where the splash guard is molded into the seat. It seems like it would be more comfortable than the plastic ones you attach.

The Baby Bjorn Toilet Trainer and the Mommy's Helper Contoured Cushie Tushie both have good reviews in Toddler Bargains. From the pictures, the Bjorn has a bigger splash guard. The Cushie looks like it just has a little bump on the front.

If anyone has experience potty training a boy with either of these seats, please give your opinion on their performance. Did the splash guards do the job?

Gail

luvbeinmama
04-15-2004, 01:07 AM
Sorry, I don't have experience using either of those seats, but I just wanted to say that I ended up training without a splash guard (pee shield) altogether and had no problems doing so. So my personal opinion is that they are unnecessary.

opus
04-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Bjorn, all the way. No question.

michlee
05-19-2004, 02:15 PM
We have the Bjorn and found the splash guard gets in the way. I guess maybe it depends on the age of your son and if he's coordinated enough to clear the guard when getting on/off the seat. My ds just turned 2.

-Michelle

Momof3Labs
05-19-2004, 08:50 PM
The Cushie Tushie doesn't have much of a splash guard, but it makes it easier to climb on and off. Colin is starting to pee on the potty once a day, and I'm constantly pointing him back down as he wiggles on the seat...