PDA

View Full Version : what's going on here?

Lucia
04-24-2004, 08:18 PM
Hi all,
I didn't think I would be posting on this forum for quite awhile. My son is almost 15months old and for the last three days he has been consistently squatting in his walker wagon and making poops. He then gets up and pats his diaper to let us know he is ready to be changed.He started patting his diaper about a month ago and has been consistent with it also. This just seems too early to me, but my husband thinks maybe we should get a little potty for him since he is clearly aware of what his body is doing.

Anyone else have this experience this early? (or maybe this is normal timing?) Any suggestions?

I guess I should start reading up on potty training...what are your favorite books or websites?

Thanks,
Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

Momof3Labs
04-24-2004, 08:39 PM
This body awareness is pretty normal around 18 months of age (give or take) and doesn't mean that he's ready to potty train, necessarily. There's nothing wrong with getting a potty chair, but I'd keep it pretty low pressure for now. There's a big difference between telling you that he just pooped and telling you that he will poop in a few minutes.

Lucia
04-25-2004, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the advice, Lori.

If we do get a potty, do you have any recommendations?

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003