PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean your potty after a sucessful attempt?

shishamo
04-30-2004, 01:23 PM
Sorry to be so graphic, but what do you do after your child has a bowel movement (after you dump the content and praise the child)? What product do you use, etc. Mia is now using the potty (it's a small bjorn one) on a semi-regular basis, and I would like to hear from others what they do. I wipe first, and spritz lysol inside and wipe again, but somehow I'm not sure that's enough....

brubeck
04-30-2004, 02:02 PM
For pee I would just rinse the bowl, then do the handwashing OVER it in the sink so there was a soapy rinse too.

For poops it depended on whether or not there were 'skid marks'. If not I would do the treatment for pee above, but if there were marks I would give it a good soapy wash BEFORE the wash hands phase. Then I would spritz with Lysol afterward if it were REALLY messy. I also kept a bunch of those Clorox/Lysol wipes around to do a quickie clean if necessary.

toomanystrollers
05-04-2004, 03:40 PM
Tess had the 'lil potty seat and I thought it was such a PITA to clean, so this time around with Shea - we are using just the cushy seat on the regular toilet with a little step stool :)

For a real messy one, I would keep a bottle of bleach and water nearby to spritz with.

HTH

Melanie
05-06-2004, 07:33 PM
Ours only gets pooped in right now, so I dump, wipe with TP and then wipe with one of those flushable anti-bacterial wipes.

amye01
06-26-2004, 10:02 PM
I'm fortunate to have a deep sink in my laundry room and use only non-toxic products to clean!

AmyE
www.breatheeasy.reachingwellness.com