PDA

View Full Version : Help! I think Kasey has a hemorrhoid!!!

momathome
05-02-2004, 09:53 PM
OMG!!! I went ot change Kasey's pull-up tonight, as this is the only place she will poop, and noticed what appeared to be a hemorrhoid! She has had major issues with the whole poop and potty training thing - she has been peeing on the potty for months now but that's as far as she'll go. She has been majorly constipated for awhile now and typically goes as long as 5 days between poops - hence, the hemorrhoid. Does anyone have any advice on how to treat this or know of another toddler who has had this? I am freaked out right now! I will call the pedi in the morning but in the meantime, a little reassurance would be nice! TIA!
-Lauren

emmiem
05-03-2004, 12:17 AM
You can put some preparation H on it if it seems to be itching or bothering her. I would read the package and possible call the ped tonight to see if you can use it. Straining always irritates hemorrhoids so be gentle around it. You can use tucks wipes to clean around it. Sometimes they go away on its own and sometimes a doctor needs to tie it off.
Michele (married to an OB-GYN)

momathome
05-03-2004, 09:27 AM
Michelle-
Thank you!!! I just talked to the ped and they want us to start on 1 tsp of milk of magnesia twice a day for 2 weeks to see if that helps - she said the hemorrhoid should shrink on it's own with the m of m and increasing the fiber and juice in her diet. Potty training is sooooo much fun! ;)
-Lauren

brubeck
05-03-2004, 11:07 AM
Lauren no advice but I feel for Kasey! We went through the opposite trauma (diarreha is NOT conducive to potty training!) and I know how any deviation away from normal messes things up.

Good luck and I hope Kasey feel better!

P.S. MOM did wonders for my husband. He said his poops got softer immediately and that every day, like clockwork, he would have the strong urge to have a poop. Hopefully this will happen for Kasey as well!

momathome
05-04-2004, 09:01 AM
Thanks, Helen! I started Kasey on the MOM yesterday morning and she still hasn't pooped - she is a bit of a control freak! She had another dose last night plus one this morning so I will see how today goes. I am a littel worried because she has school this morning (where she has never pooped!) and we are going to the zoo immdediately after school so her pooping opportunities will not be good. This ought to be an interesting day! Thanks again for thinking of her!
-Lauren