PDA

View Full Version : More potty advice...

Melanie
06-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Ds will poop in the potty, but not pee. Yesterday I had him in his cloth diapers all day with no cover, so he would for sure know when he pees (I think he does anyway b/c he's said something a few times). Still...did not want to pee int he potty. After a while of these pull-up cloth diaper he said, "I want a clean diapy FROM MY SHELF." LOL. I keep the pull-up cloth diapers in the drawer. hehehe.

Anyway...help!? Any ideas. We read lots of potty books, and I do not want to pressure him, but...encourage?

He also will only use his baby bjorn potty, he does not want to sit on the big potty, even with a step stool and blues clues seat.

He's 2.5 and very verbal.

Thanks!

brubeck
06-06-2004, 08:58 PM
If he wants to use the Baby Bjorn potty let him! You can worry about switching him over once he is trained to use the potty all the time.

If he wants a clean diaper from the shelf, make sure there is a LIMITED supply on the shelf (say 3?). When you 'run out' tell him there are no more. Make him see the disappearing diapers on the shelf. Maybe he might want to 'conserve' them and keep them clean! You never know. But regardless if you don't want him wearing them then he's got to think that there are no more.

HTH!