PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on Potty

kaitlinsmommy
06-09-2004, 05:42 PM
I've read the threads but am still confused. I got dd TFY potty insert today and it doesn't seem to fit our toilet well. I don't understand how it attaches either. There appear to be sticky things to make it stick to the seat, but then how do dh & I use the same toilet if the insert is on? Can you take it on & off?

I'm so desperate for a potty chair. She really wants to use the toilet so I thought an insert would be best. I couldn't find the Mommy's Helper one in a store & I don't want to wait for one to be shipped. I guess I could get a separate chair. Any recs? The Graco one has bad reviews on BRU website but I thought other moms like it.

Please give me some advice. Thank you!

egoldber
06-10-2004, 02:19 PM
I ahve not tried an insert. We started with the Bjorn potty (its the one she picked out), but we don't like it much. It scoots around very readily, so it is sometimes disconcerting for her. We now use that as our upstairs (not often used) potty and maybe one dau the "in the car" potty.

We bought a Graco one next and I am very pleased with it. I have found it sturdy, non-skid and easy to clean. I didn't read any reviews, LOL, so I have no idea what is flaws are supposed to be. You are supposed to be able to use the top as a potty insert, but we have not tried to use it that way yet.

HTH,

kaitlinsmommy
06-10-2004, 07:15 PM
Thanks Beth! Kaitlin really wants to sit on the toilet and keeps trying to climb up there. I found out we have an "elongated toilet" and so far, TFY seat & the Cushie Tushie do not fit on it (without sliding around a lot). So, I think I'm going to have to get the Bjorn trainer and trek to BRU.