PDA

View Full Version : asking to go potty at night

hjdong
06-11-2004, 01:02 PM
I could have sworn someone posted about this, but I searched and couldn't find it. Jamie has for a while, but worse since the big bed switch, been asking to go potty at night. Generally, he's just trying to get out of bed, but every now and then, he's actually gone when we get him up. How do people handle this? About the the third time, I generally say, "No potty. Go in your diaper," which I know is really bad for training (which we have decided to start with some seriousness this week since he's, even while waking, asking to go potty ALL the time) but good for sleep. Any recommendations?

TIA,

raynjen
06-11-2004, 10:49 PM
I did ask about this a couple of months back and I took the exact same route you did - told her NO MORE! Looking back I can see that she was just trying to understand what the new boundaries were. "Hmm, mom and dad won't let me up to get water, but they will let me up to pee...let's see how long I can stay up!" I know that it wasn't that thought out, but as soon as I put my foot down it stopped.

Now, was that the best solution for the long term? I don't know, I plan on keeping her in Pull-Ups at night for awhile longer. Some folks suggested putting a potty in her room that she could use by herself, but she can't handle the pull-ups by herself and the thought of her not washing her hands afterwards makes me shudder.

So, I think it is what works for you. Ask me in two years if we are still using Pull-Ups =)!

Here is a link to the post you were looking for: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=42&topic_id=365&mode=full&page=2

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)