PDA

View Full Version : Calling Kaitlinsmommy/Kim!

teddy
06-13-2004, 12:11 AM
I noticed your DD is about 2 weeks younger than my DD and that you are starting to potty train her. How did you decide it was time? Was it that she was climbing on the toilet? Is she talking about going pee-pee?

I am trying to decide if I should start DD. She is not very verbal yet, only a few one syllable words, and she is not uncomfortable in a dirty diaper. But I am also leaning toward getting her a potty (like a Graco) just to have in the bathroom for her to get curious about.

Any insight would be so appreciated! Thanks :) And good luck on your new endeavor!

kaitlinsmommy
06-13-2004, 01:00 AM
Well, I was not planning on it at all. I keep hearing that if you start too early, it will take longer. BUT suddenly, she started following both dh & I into the bathroom every time & saying "pee." Now, throughout the day she talks about poo poo & pee & she constantly takes her diaper off & says it & she wanted to sit on our toilet.

Since she seems so into it now, I thought the window of opportunity might pass if I waited. I wouldn't say we're training yet. I got the BB seat insert and while I feel it will be useful later, it's kinda hard for her to get on by herself with a step stool. I put her on it sometimes and she keeps saying "pee" but hasn't yet done it.

So now I will probably also get a Graco-type potty. It seems like it would be much easier for her to get on comfortably. Then maybe we will start working on it more.

Oh, I wouldn't say my dd is very verbal but there are maybe 10 words she can say well, so she says them a lot and I think pee & poo fall in this category.

Good luck on your endeavor too! I think it's a great idea to have a potty on hand since K's fascination literally happened overnight and then you won't have to spend all week (like I did) searching for a potty.

teddy
06-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Thanks so much for your reply.

My DD follows me into the bathroom also. But I think it's because our condo is so small and the bathroom leads into both the bedroom and the living area, she can just walk in circles and wave to me as she passes through the bathroom!