PDA

View Full Version : Two thumbs up for fold up potty!

atlbaby
06-15-2004, 02:51 PM
After checking out Michelle and Jen's suggestion of the On the Go Potty (from Babycenter), I decided to order it. We're most often at the playground or park, where there aren't any bathrooms. The past week I've taken my chances and taken Arielle in Easy Ups (or just underwear--during a very brave moment!) and she hasn't had to go. But sooner or later she will. The potty came in the mail today, and it looks great! It's really small, and fits right into the side pocket of my LE Little Tripper bag (I just took out the changing pad, since I don't use it anymore). The disposable liners it comes with are nice, but I'm sure putting a maxi pad in a supermarket bag will do just fine when they're used up.

Is it sad that I can't wait to try it out later today? :)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle, 10/30/01
and Daliya, 10/27/03

luvbeinmama
06-18-2004, 01:11 AM
So... Rachel... have you tried it yet? How does Arielle like it?

atlbaby
06-18-2004, 11:36 AM
Thanks for asking! :) We tried it out on Wednesday, and she LOVED it! I was a bit apprehensive about how she'd react to using a new potty, since she's only ever gone on her Graco one. But she was thrilled with her "outside potty." And, most importantly:) , it was very easy! Since I have no idea how she'll pee on the plane to Atlanta in 3 weeks, I have visions of me plopping it down in the aisle, lol.

If I may gush for a second, Arielle pooped on the potty last night, AND told me she needed to get out of the bathtub to pee, as well! Hooray for my big girl!!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle, 10/30/01
and Daliya, 10/27/03

luvbeinmama
06-19-2004, 12:49 AM
Hooray for Arielle!!

And THANKS! I was debating what to get for DD when she trains, and it sounded like that would be good for trips, too. I'm glad it was very easy, that was a big concern of mine.

Thanks so much!

egoldber
06-22-2004, 04:31 PM
We also got a fol-up potty. I forget who makes it, but I got it because it has Dora the Explorer on it. DD was rather reluctant to use the potty in public until we got the Dora potty! Now she is only too happy to go, LOL!!

The potty also comes in a Blues Clues pattern.

loewymartin
06-24-2004, 02:00 PM
I ordered mine from Kidsurplus as it was $8 instead of $10.76. And ended up ordering some other items from them too. It all arrives today (in time for our trip next Friday!) so we'll be trying the potty out too! I'm glad it worked for you!

Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02

brubeck
07-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Yay Arielle! I can't believe how fast she trained! What a big girl!

cma
07-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Babycenter was out of stock last month. I found this available from Kalencom directly - $10 with free shipping.

http://www.kalencom.com/index_body.html unider their infant accessory division

HTH

jasmine
08-21-2004, 09:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for this recommendation. I bought this a couple of weeks ago and DS used it twice today. I was so glad I had it because he had never tried a public toilet before and it turns out he doesn't want to try one yet. I'm sure that will come in time, I was just glad he knew he needed to go potty when we were out for so long. He only started potty training two weeks ago and we were out for 6 hours today with no accidents! Yeah!

Sad part is I may have to give up my diaper bag obsession :-(

Monica