PDA

View Full Version : New Pampers potty training diapers

colleenfs
06-19-2004, 02:20 PM
I posted this on the BB page as well, but I guess it is more appropriate here.

Has anyone else seen a reference to these new training dipes from Pampers? I think I saw an ad in a parenting magazine for a new sort of Pampers Pull Up that lets the child know they are wet, but doesn't leak. It looks like they are due to hit stores this summer. Does anyone know what I am talking about - have you seen them yet?

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

trumansmom
06-20-2004, 04:18 PM
Truman's daycare teacher just told me about them. She got something in the mail about them coming out soon. I haven't seen anything yet though. And I've been looking.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

lisams
06-21-2004, 06:05 PM
We got some coupons in the mail a few days ago. They have a "feel wet" liner on the inside, that feels wet when they go pee. It's basically a pull-up with the liner. I think the flyer said they were coming out in August. The girls were Dora and the boys were SPiderman.

Looks interesting. I think this would be great for when you go out and are still in the training stage.

Lisa

raynjen
06-21-2004, 08:20 PM
There is an 'after-market' product like this right now. I don't have any real life experience with it as they won't ship to APO addresses, but it isn't for lack of trying!

The product is called P.O.D.S. (I found it here http://www.pottytrainingsolutions.com/) and is basically a liner that you put into their underwear (but I think it would work in a diaper too). When the product gets wet it gets cold (the older version of this site said that, the new versions says, "it changes feeling") so that the child makes an immediate connection to the process.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 2/3)
Architect in a previous life!

egoldber
06-22-2004, 04:29 PM
I got a coupon in the mail for these a couple weeks ago, but I have not seen them in stores yet. It may be a better idea than a plain pull-up if you plan to use a lot of pull-ups for potty training.

HTH,