PDA

View Full Version : Well, I think she is potty trained!

egoldber
06-22-2004, 04:34 PM
Maybe I shouldn't post this so as not to jinx it, but here goes! It seems like she is now pretty much trained. She wears underwear all day and stays dry. She wears a pull-up at nap (that is dry half the time after nap) and a diaper at night, but thats it.

She says when she has to poop, sometimes pee, but will go pee when reminded before leaving the house and upon returning. She will also use a public potty when we are out, but she can hold it for at leats 2-3 hours when out also.

How did this happen???? I guess the waiting until they are really ready does work, LOL!

khakismom
06-22-2004, 05:20 PM
Whoo-hoo! Way to go Miss Sarah! What a big girl!

And good for you too Beth. Isn't it nice to not have to buy all those dipes? :)

mamahill
06-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Hip hip hooray Sarah!!!!!! Fantastic news. Here's to less laundry!

emmiem
06-22-2004, 07:54 PM
I just potty trained my 3 yo this weekend with the same results as you! I was very nervous but she seems to think it is no big deal. We use gerber training pants and a diaper at night. We are using a sticker chart which really seems to motivate her!
Michele

Karenn
06-22-2004, 08:11 PM
That's amazing! It seems like just a few days ago you were posting to ask how to do it! Congratulations!

egoldber
06-22-2004, 09:37 PM
LOL! It WAS just a few days ago (maybe a week or so ago?). She just decided she was ready and did it. I have made very little effort on my part!

candybomiller
06-22-2004, 10:36 PM
YAY Sarah and Beth! That's awesome that it was so easy for you guys to figure it out.

Let's throw a potty party for Sarah! :)

atlbaby
06-23-2004, 12:09 AM
Way to go Sarah!!! And congratulations, Beth!!! :)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle, 10/30/01
and Daliya, 10/27/03

Jeanmick
06-23-2004, 12:20 AM
What an accomplishment! Isn't it simply amazing that this happens? It really does work when you wait until they're ready. It's funny. My mother was getting on my case about not starting to toilet training my DD when she was around 20 months, but I stuck to my guns until she gave true signs of readiness (around 28-30 months). It ended up not being as difficult as I thought it was going to be, nor as long.

Congratulations!

raynjen
06-24-2004, 09:33 AM
Yip yip yipee! Or in this case - yip yip yipotty!

I too have be holding out posting for fear that she would regress - but Noelle is officially 'trained'.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 2/3)
Architect in a previous life!