PDA

View Full Version : What 's the next step? She's pee trained...but poops are a different story

atlbaby
06-24-2004, 11:05 AM
I'm reluctant to call this a problem persay, because I'm still incredulous that Arielle pee trained so quickly, so I'll call it an "issue" :) Arielle has pooped in the potty once, but other than that she tells me that she wants a diaper when she has to go. A few weeks ago she pooped in her underwear and the mess freaked her out, so now she knows not to go in a her underwear or Easy Up. Should I just leave her alone and put on a diaper whenever she has to poop? On the one hand I don't want to make a big deal about things and make it a power struggle, but I also want her to try to poop in the potty since she's done it once before. One thing I do is to have her dump her poop in the potty when she goes in her diaper, so she sees that's where it goes. What else should I do?

Thanks,
-Rachel
Mom to Arielle, 10/30/01
and Daliya, 10/27/03

raynjen
06-24-2004, 07:46 PM
Check out this thread...
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=42&topic_id=449&mode=full&page=

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 2/3)
Architect in a previous life!

atlbaby
06-25-2004, 11:18 AM
Thanks, Jen! I tried your video trick last night and I think it might have worked! Arielle was demanding a diaper while I was bathing Daliya. I told her she'd have to wait, and that she wouldn't get to watch Baby Mozart with Daliya afterwards until she pooped. (Yeah, she likes Baby Mozart/Bach more than The Wiggls now, go figure.) So she ran around in a bit of a tizzy for a few minutes and then sat down and pooped! I don't know if she did it because I mentioned no video, but how great would it be if she did?

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle, 10/30/01
and Daliya, 10/27/03

raynjen
06-26-2004, 09:16 AM
Wow, that is awesome!

I sure hope it works... you also might try that delay tactic next time she asks for a pull-up, "Honey, I'm doing X,Y,Z right now and you'll have to wait or go on the potty." To Noelle that was no issue - she would poop in her panties (she didn't LIKE it, but she would do it), but it sound like Arielle might prefer the potty to the mess. Also if you are just 'delaying' the pull-up, not telling her NO, then it isn't as much of a confrontation.

Good luck, hope tomorrow goes well too!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 2/3)
Architect in a previous life!