PDA

View Full Version : Book on Potty Training for Me???

cinrein
07-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Not that I need to potty train, but I want to be prepared for when Anna is ready to potty train. :) Can anyone recommend a book or something that kind of gives me the basics? Anna is not near ready, but now she does want to be changed out of a poopy diaper and she signs potty when I use the potty.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

emmiem
07-02-2004, 04:09 PM
I bought about 4 different books and the one that was the easier to use and worked is Potty Training for Dummies. The biggest tip I have is to wait until they are ready and do a potty mambo starting on a weekend. Do nothing but play with your child and potty practicing. She was pretty naked all weekend but after 2 weeks with no accident, I love that book.
Michele
mom of 3

candybomiller
07-02-2004, 06:52 PM
Cindy,

I don't have a book, but I have a bunch of handouts etc from my pediatrician that I would be more than happy to send to you. PM or email me.

egoldber
07-02-2004, 08:20 PM
The Fairfax Co library has tons of potty training books. I used the principles in Toilet Training Without Tears.

But for Sarah, the key was that I waited until she ASKED to go potty, lol. After about 2 days in underwear, she was daytime trained. We wear underwear except for naps and nighttime now (including preschool) and she has been accident free.

HTH,

brubeck
07-04-2004, 07:39 PM
I really like the Parent's Book of Toilet Teaching (as in Parent's Magazine).