PDA

View Full Version : Cloth Training Pants

pamela mom of 3
07-11-2004, 08:58 PM
What are your favorites? Ds is training{finally!:D} but i require a training pant for going out, now for home we just go with normal underwear but i need something just in case of an accident while out, we live rual so going out can involve 30-40mins in the car one way alone.

Thank you! :)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

egoldber
07-11-2004, 10:32 PM
I have some Gerber ones which have the paddded cloth panel and also some "cloth diaper" type trainers (one by Bumpy and one by Mother of Eden). In my experience, none of them hold much pee. If its a trickle, I guess it would be OK, but for a true "accident", they are worthless, IMO. In the early days of training, when we were having lots of accidents at home, her urine just streamed through all types of cloth trainers just like plain underwear.

We just wear underwear everywhere. What I do for longer trips is I use a small cloth prefold diaper with a lap pad under her in the carseat. That way if she does have an accident, the carseat is protected. The prefolds are very inexpensive ($1 - $2 each) and the lap pads are ones I got when she was younger, the small ones that are 2 or 3 for $5 at BRU and places like that.

HTH,

macassi
07-12-2004, 11:35 PM
If you are die-hard on using the cloth pants, the plastic covers do help contain the flood somewhat. We used that on DS#1 during naptime when he was training and it worked amazingly well. They don't allow for much circulation, so I wouldn't use them all the time.

With DS#2, we got lazy and most of the time just let him use his underwear, and we of course always made sure he performed before we left. If it was ever a long trip, I'd throw him in a pull-up, because I knew it could absorb the overflow and not cause an issue in the car.

Honestly, I think the fastest way to train a child -- at home -- is to skip the underwear and let them be naked. Brendan would have an accident in his pants but whenever he was naked, he ran for the bathroom. I guess there's something about a trickle down your leg that is universally unappealing. : - )

sugarsnappea
07-13-2004, 09:41 AM
I haven't read the other replies. We used Nikkys Cloth training pants quite successfully. They hold a fair amount, are soft cotton and hold up well. We still put JG in them at night, just in case. :) I purchased mine from babyworks.com.

pamela mom of 3
08-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Well we have been going out with just normal underwear and have been fine, worse comes to worse we can always pull over LOL ;)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-ppstrollers

brubeck
08-04-2004, 08:26 PM
We used the Gerber ones for DD and they were great. I just ordered some Hanna Andersson ones for DS this Fall, so I'll have to let you know how those go.

The cotton trainers are NOT meant to absorb a lot. They are meant to hold in tiny trickles (say if there is a small leak while your child runs to the potty) and they are supposed to be wetter/more uncomfortable if your child does pee in them. Think about what's worse: a thin wet piece of cotton or 4 to 6 wet THICK pieces of cotton.