PDA

View Full Version : Pamers Feel & Learn now at Target

kaitlinsmommy
07-26-2004, 12:57 AM
We're not potty training yet but I saw these finally today at Target. Just an fyi for anyone who's interested.

colleenfs
07-30-2004, 09:58 PM
We got a big box at BJ's. I don't think we're ready yet, but Julia is very excited about wearing her "Dora pants."

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

caleymama
08-03-2004, 09:39 PM
I've seen them at WalMart too :)

August Mom
08-04-2004, 01:50 PM
I'm very interested in this concept. If someone tries them, would you please post a review?

trumansmom
08-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Well, apparently DS couldn't care less. No great epiphany for him. He treated them just like regular Pull Ups, which he treated just like diapers!

So, today we are officially in big boy pants. We'll continue with Pull Ups for naps and nighttime. Hopefully cloth will make a difference. No accidents yet today. Keep your fingers crossed!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

mamahill
08-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Good luck Truman - you can do it!!

jasmine
08-10-2004, 01:01 AM
Sorry to say we had the same experience with these. Sigh, I had such high hopes for them :-(

We're now using Gerbers training pants (for some reason our Target had them for $1.61 for a packs of 3, so I figured what the heck).

So far so good :-)

Monica

em_jon98
08-11-2004, 02:45 AM
Lindsey did really dig the Dora print. However, I felt the inside after taking off one that was wet. Sorry to say it, but it felt as dry as the Pampers' Easy-Ups we use for day care.

I think the concept was great, but I wish the liner actually felt wet. Lindsey gets the potty concept when wearing the Gerber trainers or regular panties because she feels the wetness and sees it run down her legs (sorry for the graphic.) I would love to have the best of both worlds--her feeling the wetness in her pants but it not escaping on to the floor. The Feel 'n Learns are not going to be the solution to this.

:(

brubeck
08-11-2004, 11:25 AM
One thing I used to do was have DD wear the Gerber training pants and then put the Easy Up over them. It was bulky but achieved the desired effect at first.

I say 'at first' because here's the warning: she quickly realized that if the Easy Up was on over it then it was 'okay' to feel wet. We had a hard time unravelling that one, let me tell you! But apparently for some kids this technique works better than others.

2KMOMMA
08-17-2004, 12:58 PM
Just thought I'd add my 2 cents, too. I got a big box for my DD at Sam's Club. She's been in Pull-Ups for several months now and we are stalled out trying to potty train. She will be 3 next month. *sigh* Anyway, she was thrilled to see Dora on them, which didn't help, and thinks they are just Pull-Ups, too. If you find them more expensive than whatever time of Pull-Ups you use, don't waste the money!
K.L.

baby_mis1
11-14-2004, 10:13 PM
If I remember correctly from the ads, the liner is meant to keep the moisture close to the kid briefly after they first pee, but then it moves away and feels drier over time. So, even though it feels dry when we take it off, it may have felt wet when they first went pee.

I bought them for my son as the first transition off of diapers. He loved the Spider-Man and Hulk prints. At first we just let him wear them when he went to the potty - a treat to not wear regular diapers. He seemed to start commenting on going pee more often after he started wearing them. It is hard to say if the Feel N' Learn are the cause, or if he is just getting there, but I'm continuing to buy. They are the same price as other Pull-Ups around here, so why not! (That is when I can find them in stock!)

Valerie
Mom to Jonas 2-21-02

amye01
11-18-2004, 03:38 PM
it's just another version of the easy-up in my opnion. In fact they leaked even more. We're back to the Huggie pull-ups with the Gerber 2-in-1 training pant (vinyl pant with built-in underwear- found at Target and Wal-Mart) in the day. Ds still pees and poops in the Gerber pants but when he does he tells me so. It's just not as easy to clean up. :(

AmyE

LukesMommy
11-18-2004, 08:33 PM
I had purchased these for my now 2 year old son. I wish I could get my money back from Pampers. Dora is a good idea. These are designed for the 2-3 1/2 year olds. Maybe I am in the minority as far as not teaching my son about violent super heros but my son ripped off the spider man pants because he thought there were bugs on his pants (little spider icons that disappear when wet) Then he was absolutely frightened of spiderman. He put all the Spiderman Feel & Learn pants in the garbage.He was rather upset that no children's characters such as Elmo, Pooh or Mickey were on the pants. Characters are rather important to 2 year olds. At least Hulk is green. I would get the Dora ones but these leak too if he drinks more than 4 ounces. No real wet feeling. He can stay dry through a nap and overnight. I do better with the regular pull-up pants and the Gerber or Nemo underwear. I just put him on the potty (excuse me--bathroom seat ) when he gets up in the morning or after a nap. So I have to dance and sing when he pees in the potty (excuse me bathroom) Good thing I don't have thin walls--who knows what the neighbors would think but hey no one walked down for their high school graduation in a diaper. :) Nice concept these feel & learn. Not worth scaring my son though.

winifredzb
12-02-2004, 04:44 PM
Hi,

I was completely disappointed in these! I really thought they would be the right step to getting somewhere with toilet training. Boy was I wrong!

I really like the idea of letting Lillie run around naked to learn, but I don't want to clean up the mess! :(

Eventually this will happen -- everyone toilet trains, right?

rebekah
01-13-2005, 09:48 PM
Hi guys,

I wanted to make a suggestion that a friend made the other day about wanting the tot to feel the wetness but not let it leak through. Try putting on regular panties and then a diaper or training pants over it. They'll feel the wetness of the panties which will make them feel really uncomfortable but we don't have to worry about cleaning up the mess from their other clothes or the floor.

winifredzb
01-13-2005, 10:37 PM
That's a really good idea! I will have to give it a try.

Thank You! :)

ayoja
02-08-2005, 10:22 AM
I was really disappointed in these too. Personally, I like the Huggies Pull-Ups with the velcro sides the best. It makes it so much easier to deal with the poopy accidents b/c you can lie your toddler down and take it off a bit like a diaper and lay the new one underneath and velcro it on. I think this is a much better option than having to take off shoes and pants just to get a new pull-up on.

I've tried the Gerber training pants too. My boys don't seem to care if they get wet, so I'm back to pull-ups b/c it is much easier to deal with the accidents.

amye01
02-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Same here! I've become a "pull-up" pro! I can manage to change a pull-up (the huggies velcro kind) with my son standing up (he won't lay down anymore!) all without taking his pants and shoes off. :) I'm not too proud of this feat however, since my son is now 3 1/2 and still won't go in the potty. :o

I too have tried the Gerber training pants and even regular ole' underwear but he'll just sit there in his mess and not even be bothered.

Please tell me he's going to get it soon!

AmyE

amye01
02-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Same here! I've become a "pull-up" pro! I can manage to change a pull-up (the huggies velcro kind) with my son standing up (he won't lay down anymore!) all without taking his pants and shoes off. :) I'm not too proud of this feat however, since my son is now 3 1/2 and still won't go in the potty. :o

I too have tried the Gerber training pants and even regular ole' underwear but he'll just sit there in his mess and not even be bothered.

Please tell me he's going to get it soon!

AmyE