PDA

View Full Version : he's grown out of huggies overnites.....

cchavez
07-26-2004, 02:12 PM
I think the largest size is 5 and we probably only have a month left of wearing the size 5's. The overnites have been wonderful at nite but what do we use now? Use pampers w/ a diaper doubler? Does huggies make overnites in size 6? If so, I cannot find them. Thanks!

JElaineB
07-27-2004, 12:44 AM
I have looked at the Huggies website before and the Overnights only go up to a size 5. I guess I'm lucky we are still in size 4's! I would say try a size 6 diaper (alone or with a doubler) and see how that goes. Or maybe try some kind of pull-up, though I don't know if those would be as absorbent overnight.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

kaitlinsmommy
07-27-2004, 04:28 PM
Kaitlin wears Huggies Supremes or Pampers Easy-ups at night and they work for us. She still nurses some at night too so she has a very wet diaper in the morning but they have never leaked.

colleenfs
07-30-2004, 09:57 PM
We were also disappointed to discover that the Overnights stop at size 5. Julia wakes up every morning with a VERY saturated diaper. Here's what I do: She wears Pampers Cruisers in a 6 now. At night I add a Depends (incontinence) liner. They work like a charm. I had been using the liner with the Overnights, but when we ran out, I tried one with her regular diaper. No problem.

BTW, I also tried super overnight maxi pads, but they didn't work. We now use the Depends liners (I think they're called Boost) or Poise liners in the largest size.

Hope this helps!

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

cchavez
08-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Thanks!!! I will try them out. We use diaper doubler sometimes but the depends will be easier for me to buy since we have a Target 5 minutes away ans a BRU 30 minutes away!

colleenfs
08-05-2004, 11:28 PM
Have you been able to try the liners? How did it work?

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

cchavez
08-10-2004, 02:28 PM
We still are using the size 5's and haven't had any leak in awhile. So
I haven't had to try your suggestion.....but thanks! It is a great idea!

baby_mis1
11-14-2004, 10:23 PM
We've been having the same problem - thanks so much for the solution! It is getting to be very difficult even to find Size 6 diapers around here except in the generic brands. I think Pampers and Huggies are trying to push us into Pull-ups.

One question - what is a "diaper doubler"? It sounds like something more than just putting a second diaper on top the way you guys are mentioning it??

Thanks,
Valerie
Mom to Jonas 2-21-02

Momof3Labs
11-15-2004, 12:07 AM
It's kinda like a maxi pad without waterproof backing. In fact, you can just use a maxi pad if you want (stick it inside the diaper before putting it on).