PDA

View Full Version : trouble pulling up pants...

amye01
07-30-2004, 09:29 PM
We can't even address the potty yet until my ds learns to pull his pants up! :o He has no problem getting them up in the front but can't seem to work out the logistics of getting them up in the back!

Did anyone else have this problem? What was your solution?

Thanks!!!

brubeck
07-31-2004, 11:42 AM
I read the Azrin & Foxx book (Potty Training in a Day) and while the methods for potty training didn't help they did have a good way to teach the child to pull up their pants.

Basically you have the child hold both sides of the underwear (one hand in front, one behind) and pull up both at the same time. Now your DS may not want to do this so what you need to do is put your hands over his and guide them. If he starts doing it himself, then let go, if he starts to pull away put your hands over his again. If you do this with him a few times then he should get the idea eventually.

Also, the Easy-Ups and Pull-Ups are NOT easy to get on like the names claim. Using cotton underwear (regular or Gerber trainers) is much easier, particularly if you buy a size or two too big. It also helps to have a covered waistband (ie: not just straight elastic, but cotton pulled and swen over the elastic).

This is what worked for my DD. Good luck! HTH!

amye01
07-31-2004, 09:19 PM
Thanks, Helen! You're right about the Pull-Ups and Easy Ups being hard to pull up! He doesn't seem to have nearly as much trouble pulling up his actual pants.

Thanks for the tips! :)