PDA

View Full Version : Elmo goes potty

cchavez
08-10-2004, 02:29 PM
They have this at kohl's. I think it is very cute!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/toys/B00020V50M/qid%3D1092159140/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/002-1415174-7422403

brubeck
08-10-2004, 07:12 PM
Why why WHY couldn't they have had that when DD was training????? And I am STILL waiting for an Elmo's World about potties!!!!!

But this looks great. I think DS is getting one for Christmas. :)

akc
08-12-2004, 11:46 PM
Hi -

My DD is very into Sesame Street, so I'm thinking about this. If anyone tries it, will you let me know how it works? Maeve has always been really into songs as a way to do things (the Clean Up song still works!), so maybe that would be a lighter way to get through the "I gotta go" and "I didn't make it" times.

Do you think this work for the whole "teach the baby how to go potty and the child learns" toilet training in a day technique? I think those are supposed to actually pee, but I'm wondering if Elmo might work. Last thing Maeve needs is ANOTHER faux baby in the house.

If you use Elmo, please let us know how it goes?!

Thanks!

Alexa

loewymartin
08-18-2004, 02:44 PM
We have this...You squeeze Elmo's hand and he says he's thirsty and wants his drink please. And if you don't get it for him, he repeats. If you press the sippy cup (that comes with him) to his mouth he makes a drinking sound. Seconds later he says "oh, oh Elmo's got to go" and asks to be taken to the potty. He will repeat if you don't sit him on the potty. If you sit him down he will either make a sound (like Tinkerbell's wand!) and "go" or will wait a few seconds and say he doesn't have to go right now. If you don't get him to the potty "in time" he will have an accident and your child gets to say it's ok, it was just an accident.

Alia loves this toy. Elmo's potty is next to her potty in the bathroom (which can be a problem with getting him to sit on the potty "in time" but we manage). She likes that he has a sippy too (and he comes with a book to read while going to the potty!)

With a short time of inactivity he turns off too, which is a plus. His underwear pulls down too, which helps to reinforce all of the steps of potty training except washing the hands and wiping. Alia is pretty much potty trained now during naps and the daytime, but we had a week or so of no interest after her doing so well for months. So she saw this and I bought it at Kohl's with a 25% off sale to jump start her into going in the potty again.

All in all a good purchase for someone that likes Elmo!

Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02

akc
08-18-2004, 05:33 PM
Hi -

thanks so much for the review! I think we'll definitely order this to go full-time focus on potty training in September or so. I was mildly interested when I posted, but since then, I purchased the Elmo potty seat from TRU (just sits on the regular potty) and hyped it to her. She ADORES it and actually went on the potty 3-4 times in 2 days b/c of her "special Elmo potty seat." So, I'm betting the Elmo doll will at least give us a positive start to the process. Thanks again -

Alexa