PDA

View Full Version : Graco potty review - for boys especially

shall85296
09-02-2004, 11:31 AM
We have been officialy potty trained for one week now- using the Graco potty. It has the removable seat so that you can transfer it to the big potty when ready, and the potty part becomes a step stool.

At first this seat seemed great, but a couple of days ago I noticed that I couldn't get rid of the pee smell in the bathroom. So after completely washing down the bathroom (7 1/2 mos. prego on top of it). I discovered that between the cushion and the plastic of the removable seat was where all of the pee was trapped - ick! I figured out that the two pieces came apart - and soaked them in bleach last night.

For a little girl this wouldn't be an issue because the pee would go straight down... but for little boys it's a whole new story. Anyway I remembered they had this pee shield thing, which I hadn't been using because he was great about getting it to go down. BUT the pee shield prevents the pee from going between the seat and the plastic.

Moral of this long old post: if you have a boy & a graco seat, use the pee shield regardless of whether or not they have good aim, it will protect the seat!

After soaking in bleach, there is still a bit of a pee smell on the seat- any suggestions for cleaning?

sh

leanng
09-02-2004, 01:31 PM
I wish I had read your post a few weeks ago! :) I bought the same potty chair and have encountered the exact same problem. YUCK!!!

I rinse the seat off after each use and that has helped some. I have also ran the two pieces through the dishwasher and that has helped. Not fun!

As for the potty guard. I recently read (who knows from what parenting magazine source) that they are fairly dangerous. I know my son rips them off immediately. :)

Good luck!

LeAnn
Mom to Alex 11/12/02

shall85296
09-02-2004, 05:31 PM
I was @ a friends today and saw her Baby Bjorn seat that goes right on to the potty. It's all one piece - I think I am going to get that for DS.
I put the pee guard in this morning, and of course he freaked, and wanted it gone :-)

Here's a link to the seat, it's actually called the "toilet trainer"
http://www.babyage.com/product_details.aspx?productid=250
sh