PDA

View Full Version : Should I send her in a Pull-up ???

Mommie2MadLyn
09-08-2004, 03:37 PM
DD starts 2-year old preschool tomorrow, and I can't decide whether or not to send her in a pull-up. We have been potty-training now for almost 2.5 weeks and she is doing GREAT! BUT...the accidents DO happen, and I am constantly reminding her. She has only been wearing pull-ups for naptime and bed, but I'm nervous for her at school. She still isn't telling me every time she has to go, I am still just taking her to the potty every hour and she sometimes goes and sometimes doesn't. She has told me that she needs to go, but this is not the norm yet. I don't want to send mixed messages, but I just don't see her telling the teacher that she needs to go potty...yet. Because its a 2 year old program, they don't need to be potty trained, but I don't want to slow what we have done so far! She will be there from 8:30-12:00. I plan on telling her teacher that she is potty-tyraining and please ask her a few times if she needs to go, but I realize it may be hectic with all of the other kids. What would you do, send her in undies w/ a few extra outfits, or just let her wear a pull-up???

mamahill
09-08-2004, 07:21 PM
When Ainsleigh went to playgroup for the first month or two of potty-training, I sent her in a disposable diaper (since I wanted to use them up before buying pull-ups). The first time I picked her up, she was wet, but after that, she was always dry. So after several dry times, I began sending her in underwear but warning the moms. It was fine, though, because she would even tell them she had to go when she was wearing the diaper.

So I'd go for the pull-up. It's a new environment, and she'll get distracted and forget to say something. Give it a week or two and then switch her. At least, that's what I'd do. Good luck with school (you, not so much her;) )!

Mommie2MadLyn
09-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Thanks! I sent her this morning in a pull-up..I agree it is just too much distraction. I did ask the teacher to bring her to the potty, but we'll see if she's wet when I go pick her up!

(I think dropping her off was worse for me then it was for her!!!)

mamahill
09-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Of course it was worse for you! But soon you'll be wondering how your survived without me-time. ;)