PDA

View Full Version : Pampers cruisers @ Costco...gone?

Jeanmick
09-18-2004, 11:00 PM
This will also be posted on the Baby Bargains Diaper section, so I apologize in advance for the double post.

Just came back from our local Costco and the only brand they had out for purchase were the Huggies brand (from Size 1 to 5). Pampers in any size were nowhere to be seen! x(

Has Costco stopped carrying this brand, or was this just a fluke that occurred at my local Costco? Please say it ain't so.....

Edited for grammar

luvbeinmama
09-20-2004, 01:17 AM
I noticed that, too. UURRRGGHHH! If it's not just here, then they either stopped selling them or Pampers is backordered (a wierd thought, lol!). I don't know. Back to grocery sales with coupons, I guess.

mom2kandj
09-20-2004, 01:10 PM
Jeannette -

We have two Costcos in our town (Yes, they are only 3-4 miles apart!) and one of the stores carries Pampers Cruisers and the other only carries Huggies! We were at the second store two weeks ago and one of the clerks thought that they wouldn't be carrying them anymore. Then, last week, I bought a case at the first store and they had no idea why the second store wasn't carrying them. I'd check for other locations in your area and call to see if they have them in stock before driving! HTH!

Rose
mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
& Jack 04/16/02

egoldber
09-20-2004, 04:41 PM
FYI, there was a reply to this post on the BB Diaper board by a P&G employee. Apparently P&G is having a supply problem with the Cruisers. I don't think that Costco is discontinuing them, they just may not always have them in stock until P&G works out the kinks.

Jeanmick
10-08-2004, 02:19 AM
Thanks so much for your replies, Rose and Beth. I sent my DH to Costco last weekend to pick up supplies, especially diapers. When he went, they still didn't have the Cruisers in-stock, but since we were close to running out of DS's diapers, we ended up buying the Huggies brand. I just called our Costco today and the person on the other end said that they now have the Cruisers back in-stock. I'll have to stop by sometime this week to make sure, but I had her re-confirm that it wasn't Huggies, but indeed the Pampers.

I'll post the above on the BB diapers forum too, so forgive me for the double post.

Thanks again, ladies! :)

nov02mom
10-15-2004, 02:46 PM
The BRU here in Charlotte have been out of the cruisers in the larger sizes for a while. They told me they had a hard time getting them.
BJ's and Sam's still have them though!
Kristen

champion2b
11-11-2004, 12:25 PM
I also purchase Cruisers at Costco. The last time I was there I purchased 2 cases. Over 1/2 of the 1st case had defective diapers in it. I called P&G and they said there was a problem with the manufacturing and sent me coupons to replace the damaged ones.

My local ShopRite has a notice under the Pampers that P&G is having supply problems and not all varieties and sizes will be available at all times.

I think the manufacturing problem is for all P&G products. With my luck, the problem will be fixed after Bryce is potty trained. I guess this is inspiration to "really" start potty training now.

Jeanmick
11-11-2004, 05:10 PM
Just came back from Costco today (you'd think I live there!) and once again, they're out. Good thing I bought two boxes two weeks ago, since I noticed at the time that there weren't that many boxes left of any size. Now I wish that I had bought three boxes instead...

tippy
11-13-2004, 02:06 AM
The last box of PC I bought at Costco had a bunch of diapers with only one tab. I called P & G and they sent me a coupon for a free Jumbo Pack (great customer service by the way). Maybe this has something to do with it.