PDA

View Full Version : ? on Goodnites

hjdong
09-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Hi - Does anyone use Goodnites for their toddler at, well, nighttime. DS, now that he's in pull-ups/potty training gets very upset when I put his diaper on at night. There's no way a pull up provides enough protection to get through the night. So, I'm wondering what sizes the Goodnites come in (the ads all seem to be with older kids) and if they actually do the advertised job. We're going to buy more pull-ups tomorrow, so I would love some suggestions.

TIA,

caleymama
09-28-2004, 09:47 AM
I don't know the answer to your question about Goodnites, but I've found that the Pampers Easy Ups are more absorbant than Huggies Pull-Ups. Also, perhaps Huggies Convertibles would be an option? We've used them occasionally and they pull on like a pull-up but seem to have the absorbancy of a diaper (they come in size 4 & 5). HTH :)

(edited to fix spelling)

brubeck
09-28-2004, 06:55 PM
I agree that the Pampers absorb more than the Pull-Ups.

I think Good-nights are only meant to catch one urination.

hjdong
09-29-2004, 04:04 PM
Hi all - Thanks for the suggestions. In case anyone else is wondering, Goodnites start at 40 lbs. Thankfully, I don't have a 40 lb. 2 year old since he still wants to be carried a lot! So, I got, as PP suggested, the Huggies convertibles. I got size 5, and they were really big (it seemed bigger than a usual 5, which I usually buy), but they did they job! So thanks. I didn't have to hear, "No diaper, don't like diaper, pull up, diaper itchy," until falling alseep last night. Yeah!

Thanks again

caleymama
09-30-2004, 09:07 AM
I'm glad you found something that works! I have to agree with you - the size 5 convertibles are quite large. DD (33 1/2 inches, 25 lbs) is definitely a size 5 diaper (Pampers or Huggies) and has been for almost a year and I was really suprised at how big the size 5 convertibles were. Not so big that they don't work, but big in comparison to how the others fit. I would be afraid to try the size 4s, though, because of course they would probably be too small! If you do try Easy Ups ever, I thought there was a BIG jump in size between the 2T size and the 3T size. The 2T seemed snug and hard for DD to get off and on herself, but the 3Ts gap around the waist and are just a tad big everywhere else. Just FYI, I guess.