PDA

View Full Version : what are the best training pants? (CDs)

lizajane
10-04-2004, 11:43 AM
schuyler just ASKED to go to the potty for the first time, so i think it is time to get some training pants to easy potty visits. something i can pull up and down, but that will still absorb a pee. just to use at home for now. he is tall and skinny, so i am worried the bumpys will be too big (20-30lbs is their weight range, and he is 28lbs... but his waist is tiny and so is his tushie.) but i like how the bumpys look better than the bummis. any other ideas?

pulls ups are not an option. we are commited cloth users and i don't like 1) to throw things out and 2) that they can't feel pee in the pull ups.

mamahill
10-04-2004, 12:56 PM
I never used pull-ups or training pants. I'd just let Ainsleigh run around nude from the waist down. She became VERY aware of when she had to go. I even bought some of those Gerber Training pants (padded underwear) but I guess they felt too much like diapers, because we had more accidents in those at first, than just naked. Plus, it took to long to pull them down, rather than just pick her up and drop her on the toilet/potty chair. After she got used to it, though, I reintroduced underwear (both the training pants and regular flimsy underwear) and we had very few accidents. Plus, the regular underwear is much easier for her to pull up by herself. I did buy a couple of the Stage 2 Gerber Training pants (they're plastic on the outside, a little padded on the inside) for when we went out on errands. They hold in some liquid, but you have to be careful when you pull them off because if there's a lot, it will pour out like a cup (does that make sense?).

In the beginning, we had to ask Ainsleigh every half hour to an hour if she had to go, because she would forget. Now I only ask right before we leave to go somewhere, or before she goes down for nap/bed. And we'd make a big deal when she kept her panties dry - stickers have been a big motivator here.

Good luck - it's exciting and fun, but don't get discouraged. For a while Ainsleigh would do great, and then she'd have 2 accidents in a day. But once it "clicked" we haven't looked back. And not doing so much diaper laundry is HEAVENLY!!

sparkeze
11-21-2004, 11:17 PM
We like Trickle Trainers (Mother of Eden brand) and the trainers from Darling Diapers way better than the Bummis. I haven't tried Bumpys though. They both have snaps on the sides in case of poops (very convenient!) but are very thin and trim. Absorbant enough for one pee, one big pee though. Bummis were too puffy for my tastes.

HTH!

hjdong
12-03-2004, 10:37 PM
I've heard good things about the snap-ez - and trust me when you get into the potty training you will like having the snaps on the side, but haven't actually gotten any yet, so it's not personally experience.