PDA

View Full Version : Using the potty: a male bonding experience?

Zansu
10-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Last night, I went out to see a movie with my mom (one of the unexpected pleasures of having my parents move here).

When I got home, DH announced that while I was out, Benjamin had been running around for 20 minutes with no diaper, when he announced he had to pee.

Benjamin then retrieved his potty from the bathroom and positioned it in one corner of the living room and actually peed in it! Hooray!

We're all so very proud! Now we just have to wait and see how long it takes for him to repeat his accomplishment. :)

brubeck
10-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Oh I really really hope it is a male bonding thing! Then DH can take over all the potty responsibility for DS... :)

Conrgats to Benjamin!

MartiesMom2B
10-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Suzanne:

Has it been repeated?

-Sonia

Zansu
10-22-2004, 01:18 AM
Yes, our father and son team had a repeat success! And this time, the big event even occurred in the bathroom (rather than in the living room). Have potty, will travel. :)

His big success this week was announcing that he had to poop, and then thinking about whether to use the potty or his diaper. He chose the diaper, but I was excited that he recognized that he had to poop and that he had a choice about where to do it.

Zansu
10-26-2004, 05:34 PM
We've had a few more successes in the last week. According to DH, his secret is to let DS run around naked. After a few minutes, DS announces that he has to pee, sits on his potty and goes.

DH is working 2 soccer games and the football game this weekend, so Benjamin and I can do a little potty bonding of our own.

Oh, the joys of parenthood! :)

Momof3Labs
10-28-2004, 12:31 AM
Suzanne, when your DH is done with Benjamin, would you mind lending him out? Ya know, kind of a Husband Swap thing - he can make his rounds to the BBB'ers houses, potty training the boys!! My DH can, um, check your smoke detectors in exchange??

Seriously, he sounds like a natural!

Zansu
10-28-2004, 05:11 PM
Lori

DH *is* a total sweetie, and he's very good with Benjamin.

DH got home early before dark yesterday, so the two of them were out in the yard playing throw-and-pick-up (you know, the toddler version of catch) with a nerf football, a whiffle ball and a lightweight golf ball.

And bedtime is all daddy-time, so Leo and I can veg out and watch whatever's on Tivo.

And I actually need your DH to check my smoke detectors. Is he planning a trip to AZ anytime soon? :)

Momof3Labs
10-31-2004, 09:30 PM
I'm sure that DH would love to go to Arizona :P ! But we probably need to come up with more for him to do than just check your smoke detectors; does Benjamin understand the anatomy of a fire engine yet?